Thread: I is High Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    It would also free up some space in the prisons by no longer having to imprison people for pot crimes.
    The costs associated with keeping minor drug offenders in lock up is mind boggling. What a waste of taxpayer money...
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

G Ryin

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    The costs associated with keeping minor drug offenders in lock up is mind boggling. What a waste of taxpayer money...

i totally agree. i'd like to see it nationally decriminalized before its developed as a GNP, taxed and sold. Lets see just how much money we save by not processing the stoner for 48 hours of lock up.

G Ryin

and i've been avoiding buying a vaporizer for year... well... not avoiding

i've just never been at a head shop with enough disposable income to justify buying it.

but i think if i'm gonna be a lifer, i might as well make the investment, if for anything else, my health. (and the fact that its the most potent way of getting THC into your system. something like 96% makes it into your system; 2nd best was bong at 67%)

sorry for the 2x post

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G Ryin View Post

i've just never been at a head shop with enough disposable income to justify buying it.

but i think if i'm gonna be a lifer, i might as well make the investment, if for anything else, my health. (and the fact that its the most potent way of getting THC into your system. something like 96% makes it into your system; 2nd best was bong at 67%)

sorry for the 2x post

honestly, it payed for itself in under a month, compared to a pipe you need like 1/8 for a vaporizer, plus no smoke saves the lungs, and they're just so convienient, they're portable, odorless, descrete ect

sorry for the 2x post

not sure where you read those figures...but i dont think they're entirely accurate....

according to the research papers ive read on it, the thc intake benefit is slightly higher than smoking....the primary reasons for using them are little to no smoke (when used properly) and the fact that not as much ""drifts away" so to speak...

if i ever go back to tweeds though, it'll be with a vapo

probably homemade though..(no not cheapo homemade, my roommate is a mechanical engineer working on his doctorate....think better than Volcano quality, and built for around $100 tops)

G Ryin

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    not sure where you read those figures...but i dont think they're entirely accurate....

it was on an episode of mythbusters on TLC, or Discovery, or whatever educational network it comes on.

but, in all honesty, i could have heard the figures wrong. after all, i was high when i watched it

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

it was on an episode of mythbusters on TLC, or Discovery, or whatever educational network it comes on.

but, in all honesty, i could have heard the figures wrong. after all, i was high when i watched it
    of all the studies i've looked at, that would definitely be the upper end of it. But very modestly speaking, by vaporizing instead of smoking, you are getting well over double the dose of the active ingredient...

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    of all the studies i've looked at, that would definitely be the upper end of it. But very modestly speaking, by vaporizing instead of smoking, you are getting well over double the dose of the active ingredient...
    i really would like to see these studies. because everything ive looked at shows vaporizers to be comparable and rarely better, let alone double. you dont lose as much due to breezy smoke and what not, but the actual thc you can get out of the same amount of bud is the same or slightly less than when combusted. so maybe your figures are based on the amount of "released" thc...in which case you would get almost all of it, because it doesn't drift away.

see here

however, it's worth it just for the reduction in cannabanoids and other toxins (and the efficiency with not losing smoke) in my opinion.