Thread: Eminem Relapse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

why isnt this on itunes

because it gets released on the 19th...

ps. buy it at a store, itunes sucks.

o ya it was leaked wasnt it? how can i get me this shit

Big was way ahead of his time, Pac... was pretty good but his message was GREAT. And thats saying something coming from an L.a. native.

But Em is certainly one of the best of our time and if it continues on this downward slope probably one of the greatest all time.

But yeah I never really heard an Em track the I really fuckin dug the hell out of being played on the radio, but thats just me. Songs like Ass Like That or the newest Crack a bottle are not where he shines to me, Because it sounds like is holding back alot to make the the track radio friendly.
    Im Already Is.

Steam
    Monkadelic

Im with Demz on this one: he needs to go back to his Slim Shady style for real:

some things off encore werent that bad... i loved every song off that bonus cd that came with it...
    ricky ticky tock is one of my favorite songs of all time from him..... its just got that gangster flow from the old school.

I'm loving the album. Song and Dance, Beautiful, 3am, Underground, Stay Wide Awake, and Medicine Ball are my favorites so far.

I'm not sure how people think this doesn't sound like "Slim." The Slim Shady persona was always the crazy one and this is definitely an album all about insanity. Marshall Mathers is the personal, real persona, and Eminem is the performer.

There's a theory floating around the net that this album isn't actually Relapse. Some people think it leaked way too early to be the real thing, suggesting it's a bunch of throw away tracks and that the "real" relapse will be entirely different.

It's an interesting theory. I don't really care if it's true or not though as I'm really enjoying this album either way.

Really looking forward to the second album later this year.

i was thinking that as well....just because ive heard him say in interviews on shade 45 that the reason his stuff doesnt get leaked is because the only people that have copies of it are Em and Dre....he doesnt give any to the label or anything....

but idk, at some point you have to give a copy to SOMEONE to press up before distribution...

but i agree as far as it being mostly Slim...his flow is very different from Slim Shady LP, but the content and vocal inflections are there....

he also got a lot deeper than i thought he would....it's just not blatant

i dont really have any type of preconceived notions about the next one...whatever he wants to put out (a slim album, a marshall album, an em album) is fine by me....i think he killed this one....

i also kinda feel like the two albums will be better when taken together (like pills, or kill bill 1 & 2)....this in an incredible album but i dont think he meant it as a standalone, i think it'll really shine as part of a double-disc....