Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

Bert Wootton and FL skating at large
    STREET
    BEERZ

XBL
    crni1976

What I usually enjoy most is fierce, highly energetic skateboarding that demands full attention and immediately grabs the viewer by the throat. The Elephant short features currently posted by Mike V through FB are a fine example of this.

Conceptually, you generally could consider such features, which are a little rough or grimy around the edges as a shock and awe approach to things: Shock and awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight. The doctrine was written by Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade in 1996 and is a product of the National Defense University of the United States.

Please note however that I do not endorse warfare in general, let alone the aforementioned doctrine as a military strategy.

As far as fakeskating is concerned however, I do find such inspiration in Moma and Sickone to name a few.

Then again, I also find inspiration in real life skaters that have tremendous natural flair and style. Daewon comes to mind.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I'm just a cheapo who milks bodyjars because some of you guys seemed to like it. <3

Realistically though, most of my inspiration just comes from fucking around with friends in the game. I try something stupid, and sometimes it works and winds up looking really cool. Then I try to make sure I can do it intentionally before I film it. A lot of inspiration from 80s skating, too. Bonelesses are awesome.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I blade, so obviously I look at fake skate like blading. but with different tricks.

and that part you posted is on of the best. Broskow is essentially the epitome of perfection in rollerblading. You can watch any section by him and you will NOT find a sketchy landing, yet he continually pushes the sport.

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter