Thread: The Ferguson MO situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dudes.. you really need to open you eyes a bit more.. the number of episodes of cops going overboard with power and violence is growing every day. even tho you choose not to accept the evidence presented in this case you cannot deny the fact that your police force has taken a turn for the worse.

http://www.policestateusa.com/

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    dudes.. you really need to open you eyes a bit more.. the number of episodes of cops going overboard with power and violence is growing every day. even tho you choose not to accept the evidence presented in this case you cannot deny the fact that your police force has taken a turn for the worse.

I'm waiting for all the evidence to come in before I make a decision one way or the other. Jumping to early conclusions and reacting emotionally isn't going to solve any real issues.

You second point is fair. Since 9-11 Americans have slowly been trading freedom for security and we're now starting to see the real price of giving the Government/police more and more power. Police are overstepping again and again. Just last month they killed an unarmed man ON THE SPOT for selling black market cigarettes in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post

There are no statistics (reliable) that back up your claim of a rise in incidents % per population.
    Is there a heavy militarized police force here? Yes
    Is it seen? rarely ever (this is not Ireland of the 80's or Israel everyday with checkpoints)
    Is there a better way than to deal with this with bruit force? Oh I'm sure

The ones making trouble causing this police line to form every night are opportunists. The ones sitting atop these armored vehicles are our family, our friends. Do they make bad decisions at times? Of course don't we all?
    Until the inner cities are safer then this will continue. I already laid out my view of why this is this way.

No offense (I respect you and your views as well) but your claim of "It getting worse" is just another example of "lock your doors because you will get robbed more TODAY" "Don't let your kids play down the street out of sight because there are more cases of rape and kidnappings TODAY" None of which is backed by facts
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

stop referring to the brute force and looting by some of the protesters as the main problem. its one of the symptoms. the whole enlightened world are watching you, collectively shaking our heads in disbelief over the american mindset and acceptance of the police.

I would need to know what the rest of the "enlightened world" would like to see happen to give you my opinion. And I'm not talking about what wrong was done to get here. I'm talking about This Is Where We Are.... What Do We Do?

Let them know when the police pull back this is what happens

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/1...VLmYlFccmlg.01

BTW I'm way more open minded than most, I welcome all opinions. As I said in the video I don't claim to have all the answers
    Helen Adams Keller

yea. its difficult. i dont have the answers. seems nobody does.

no party wanna back down or be the bigger one. pride and ignorance is high on both sides it seems.

abusive police sucks. thieves suck. bullies suck. i suck. humans suck.

haha yes my friend unfortunately this is the truth.
    True unity would lead to overpopulation and mass starvation.
    Helen Adams Keller

America has problems, but most countries have a lot bigger problems. No one pays attention to them tho because everyone likes to hate America (envy).

This doesn't describe everyone or every country, but the majority.

Doesn't sound right when a foreigner only experiencing your country through a tv screen says it, am I right?

Think about the situation police are in with everyone wanting the benefit of the doubt and looking for ways to "entrap" police. I know exactly how to act in front of an officer and no parts of it involve running towards a cop unless im screaming "help me!" (Im only referencing one of the men killed). This is their job and most places you don't have any recourse if an officer oversteps their bounds. Cops have to make split second decisions because their (or their coworkers) life may be on the line if they hesitate. They aren't robots. Humans make mistakes. When they do you take the normal course of action to see if it was intentional and if theyre a risk in the future or if they made the best decision considering the circumstance. I don't get along with cops but I would never try to judge one without witnessing firsthand the entire situation. Too many variables.

People get too emotional.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 08-21-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: removed a joke at the bottom I thought most wouldn't get