Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
You're thinking of Firefight I believe. Also THUG 2 had projectiles in some of the stages, so eh.
I'm with Derk though, an HD reboot is *definitely* fair to start assumptions over, because that's 100% a test to see how well they can maintain the feel of Tony Hawk games of the past. They were literally handed level design and assets from the old games, and then fucked up the only thing they had left to do themselves: the physics. That's the single most important thing in any skateboarding game, arcade or simulator alike. If they can't get that right, there's no reason to trust them on anything else. Not to mention they also did Ride which was an absolute nightmare, and then decided to bother with a sequel that was literally no better than the first.
See what you're saying, just don't know that I've seen an HD reboot with a significant change in how the game plays. Can you mention any off the top of your head? From what I've seen developers tend to just make the game look better, don't really tweak the play to a noticeable extent. Nostalgia being the main reasoning. Can't vouch for ride, interesting to know they were the team for that.
If you think about it though, these days the future of development comes down to a simple question.
Is it on last gen consoles? Even high up developers today dumb down the possibilities by making a last gen version and porting over to current gen, maybe adding more visual detail but for the most part not really pushing it. That being said maybe I have given some leeway where it shouldn't be.
I don't imagine it will be a current gen exclusive, so there's our answer for graphics. It won't be anything like skate so there's gameplay. I will always long for something even remotely similar to skate's controls, but sticking to the past as they say, Expect some arcade shit. Doesn't mean we can't find use in it though.
Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
only acceptable combo of skateboarding and projectiles are a future skate-plugin for gta
Hmm.. Hum.. Hmm..