And now, for all of the camera possibilities I have considered. also, the pros/cons of each. any other suggestions of cameras you guys can think or more pros/cons of the current ideas are encouraged

Still Topdown Cam:

Pros- no skate game has been done like this, would allow for more mobile/mouse centric gameplay (i.e. drawing/brushing the skater's path and then hitting key commands for tricks necessary along the way), will be much less of a task and probably in the end allow for more simple physics without close scrutinization of animation that closer cams bring
Cons- requires a system for moving the camera to be separate from controlling the skater, kind of static, not really that exciting

Improved Skate Cam:

Pros- sick as fuck, exciting, allows for a more recognizable gameplay style, good for realism and ridiculousness
Cons- VERRRRY difficult to make I'm sure,

Sidescroller Cam:

Pros- my anims look best this way IMO, MUUUUCH simpler to program skateboarding game results (2.5 D)
Cons- sidescroller makes realism very difficult to mimic, also requires levels designed especially for 2d skating, much less creativity

Topside Cam Locked to Skater:

Pros- Could be part of the topdown (brush skating) idea I had (keybind will lock camera to char), if not would make for interesting control scheme, much more mobile-phone accessable
Cons- less impact, no thought has yet been put into whether turning will be possible or simply "lane changing" this way.

THPS/third person platformer Cam

Pros- Game becomes inviting to THPS FANS, more focus on scenery
Cons- Game becomes repulsive to SKATE FANS, less likely to be a simulation experience at this angle/distance

Foot Cam

Pros- much more grounded to skateboard tricks, less focus on arms/ top body animations, keeps game in realistic scope
Cons- skater blocks much of the screen, needs to understand whether youre going at something backside or frontside, you dont get to see the fingers (my fav part) as much