Thread: What's a REALLY durable skateboard?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    igl00sRpeople2

Cool

People might say it's personal preference but from experience all boards react the same. If you would like a better sense, most boards are from the dwindle distribution created weaker than they actually could be made to make a better profit for bad quality and bulk. But there are certain choices you could make to assimilate to your needs.

Most boards are made with 7-ply, but stronger boards surprisingly consist of 5-ply, yet are more expensive. They are glued more firmly and have much more support and are less top-heavy. The wideness can also play a big factor; 7.75 to 8's are usually good for such a task.

Habitats and Alien Workshops are known to withstand better than most boards, and cost about the same, yet once again that's a personal preference.

Blanks: Hard to go wrong here. Decent board, cheap(because of no graphic), various sizes/colors. Tend to last as any other board would.

Riser pads will prevent the induction of pressure cracks from continuous weight on the board from drops, and over time.

The way you land also plays a big role, which it is better to land on the bolts rather then the tail, nose, or the middle. (That's pretty obvious though )

Grinds or drops, flatland tricks or aging, the board will lose its durability overtime, so don't be expecting a chuck norris skateboard...

Anyway, just experiment with all your possible choices, you'll learn from trial and error eventually. Just keep skating and you'll figure it out, best of luck!

Get Stoked

Lib Tech's are designed for strength. It started as a snowboard company and they press boards with some snowboard techniques. It's not just all wood, but it still has pop and the feel of wood.

the lib tech decks look amazing, i watched the whole slide show and i'll deffinatly try and buy one after my black label. even the graphics look good. the only bad thing is that they cost like 30$ more but that ain't so bad.

how often do you ride them and how long do they last? i kno you said a few months but thats just unbelievable

oh and thanks to everyone who posted here, deff. helps

Get Stoked

Well, I haven't actually been on one in a while. Last one I had was about 2 years ago and it literally never snapped. The nose and tail chipped away slowly until they were so small we could practice hardlips without worrying about our testicles, haha. They're more expensive but if you're snapping regular boards fast, it may end up being cheaper. Give one a try and that's really the best way to see if they work well for you.

I had two black labels... both lasted me a long ass time. 5-6 months If I remember right, but I was in 9th grade I think... so this was like over 7 years ago... BL's still my favorite deck...
    Back in the saddle?
    Keychain

Get Stoked

I break normal wood decks in about two/three weeks usually. I've had almost ever brand of skateboard, most recently Creature Boards (which I really like) it lasted three weeks.

If you're looking for something that will last a while longer and keep it's pop, go for the Lib Techs, trust me. Great decks.

how about blind http://www.blindskateboards.com/ click Eternal Life at the top and choose the deck and check that out.