Thread: Recent News of the Texas Shootings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You misunderstood a lot of what I said.

Perhaps...

You suggest that a Doctor would have trouble finding another Doctor to treat him, simply because they're Military.

No, go back and re-read; you suggested that a doctor should be able to diagnose him/herself, I suggested that such an idea was based on a simplistic understanding of the diagnostic process; also, the Army has a poor history of providing psychiatric care for active duty soldiers, reservists and veterans--this is very well documented over a span of several years by several sources.

It's well within the nature of man to kill for his own beliefs. The concept of War disagrees with your statement in that regard.

The 'nature of man' is an extremely broad and meaningless phrase, define the terms in the context of your argument otherwise you're just spouting cliches. The psychology of violence in war has little to do with personal beliefs--I would be happy to provide you with some authors if you want. But suffice it to say, 'war' is not simply a collection of individuals fighting for their own personal beliefs...Furthermore you completely ignored my argument, but whatever, selective reading ftw!

Your info on Ft. Hood is dated to say the least.

Fair enough. So have the 1st Cavalry division and the 3rd Armored Cavalry regiment moved? Honestly I don't keep up with those kinds of things...

I don't feign to know Psychiatry. I do know that a man does not have to have mental problems to do something as extreme as what this man did.

But that doesn't mean you won't make a lot of broad generalizations about it, right?
    So basically mass shooters and murders/serial killers are normal people? lol
    Last edited by bene317; 11-07-2009 at 09:51 AM.
    "Bene's tranny skating is still sick as ever. Bene just loves them trannys."--Nolan

"You call it religion, I call it shit."--Ian MacKaye