Thread: Forza 3 Race Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There's some cars in the other thread, demz...

If someone wants to buy the Volvo #24 At-Speed S60 R I've got a good R3 tune for it that I can gift you--car is super cheap, 150,000; just let me know.

How's that Ford working out Embers?--tried to get you super agile around those corners but I didn't make it very forgiving, lol Should be fast, though, once you get it to how you like it.
    "Bene's tranny skating is still sick as ever. Bene just loves them trannys."--Nolan

"You call it religion, I call it shit."--Ian MacKaye

The Ford is awesome so far. Got to run some laps with it late last night.
    You're right, it's not very forgiving, but pays dividends when I get the line right.

Demz, in the other forza thread is some cars we've done so far. I hope to have pics of the race car up soon though.

Who has pinned down a car of choice?
    Obviously, i'll be running my Ford...

let's get some stuff ironed out...

I think the first Series we do should be 3 races.
    1 race a week for 3 weeks.
    Most likely on the weekends.

tracks?
    Road America and Road Atlanta are two of my favorites so far. Road America being the toughest to drive... making it ideal for the 3rd race?
    Ideas on other tracks?

number of laps?
    10, 15, 20, 25... lol?

Damage/Tire Wear?
    Simulation.

assists?
    Traction Control (used irl on race cars of this caliber)
    ABS (also used irl)

thoughts/complaints/better ideas?

i'm currently working on number plates/badges/whatever you call them, for everyone. so be thinking about choosing your driver number.... #42 already taken
    Last edited by Embers BLS; 11-15-2009 at 03:54 AM.

got a few ideas:

-I think staying around 10 laps is good for now, if people get really into it we can start talking about more laps--plus 10 is long enough for us all to get into a rhythm on the track and with each other but short enough not to require pits for tire wear etc.

-my suggestions for tracks (in order): Mugello (8 laps, Grand Prix Circuit), Motegi (10 laps, full circuit), Road America (10 laps, full circuit)

-in the States ABS is common in this class--I think it should be optional, Traction Control is standard in this class irl; I think all other assists (except auto-brake, lol) should be optional since these are just friendly races.

-Damage/tire wear=simulation, collision=always on

-we should limit this to only race-built cars (which excludes my R3 ford gt, ouch ) because it evens things out, no super tuned 1000hp Vipers or Bugs

So yeah...oh and I'll take #23
    "Bene's tranny skating is still sick as ever. Bene just loves them trannys."--Nolan

"You call it religion, I call it shit."--Ian MacKaye

It think 10 laps will be perfect. Long enough that you have to concentrate, and short enough to make it friendly.

I like your track picks. I also like having 8 laps for the first round.
    I'm all for this order.

Other than auto-brake.. which is ridiculous, I also think that assists should be at each driver's discretion.

The damage and tire simulation is good, and should make things fun.
    10 laps isn't near enough to cause anyone to have to pit. Bene and I have already run 10 lap tests. Tires don't wear down enough to be a problem. But they wear down enough to make it fun. haha.

To make it all fair, before we get going with the first race, we can have everyone announce which car they plan to run.
    Speaking of, thanks to Bene, I may be running a different car than I originally planned... more coming soon....

time frame?

with MW2 still taking up most of everyone's time... lol, I think it would be foolish to set the date of the first race too soon.

Test/Tune:
    This is, after all, a friendly, competitive, race series. So I think it's a good idea for anyone that is even slightly interested, to get online and run some laps together. This is by no means a ''closed door'' event. Everyone helps everyone else. Literally. Bene has already helped me a TON with tunes, better lines, and most of all, more track time.

So far:
    #23 Bene
    #42 Embers
    TBD Blackhawk

Bene, i don't know if Nub ever gets on fluckit, but if he did in fact get this game, then we should get him in on this.
    Last edited by Embers BLS; 11-16-2009 at 03:32 AM.

i just got it today,

im down got shit cars tho but im deffinitly down

nubmarine1 = #11