Thread: Photography

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    :)hello:)_goffer
    XBL
    soapskumm

Quote Originally Posted by Get Stoked View Post
    I believe it's controlled with the F stop? Correct me if I'm wrong. I have no clue how to control it on a Canon though.
    you can control it with both F-Stop and Aperture priority

lilmaxman

dang, those are some sick photo, so clear too. looks like a pro did them

lookingforgold

Quote Originally Posted by be a debaser View Post
    I think I know how to change that - assuming the F-Stops are the F# part that is changed in the aperture priority function. what I'm trying to ask is if there is a way to judge what Fstop I should be using. It's kind of hard to tell on the tiny little display if a picture is exposed properly.

Steam
    :)hello:)_goffer
    XBL
    soapskumm

with time you can tell, also be aware of your ISO settings... the higher the ISO the more the likely you'll over expose. Just experiment and get to know your equipment. There is nothing set in stone it jsut all depends on the circumstances: camera, weather, lens, ext.

Get Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by lookingforgold View Post
    I think I know how to change that - assuming the F-Stops are the F# part that is changed in the aperture priority function. what I'm trying to ask is if there is a way to judge what Fstop I should be using. It's kind of hard to tell on the tiny little display if a picture is exposed properly.
    That's the beauty of having a digital camara, back in the day people had to learn that after each development. Now you can just take a photo, look at it, and adjust the aperture accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Stoked View Post
    That's the beauty of having a digital camara, back in the day people had to learn that after each development. Now you can just take a photo, look at it, and adjust the aperture accordingly.
    A brief explanation on apeture.

Apeture and shutter speed go hand in hand to create a well exposed photo. If you're using aperture priority the camera will take care of the shutter speed leaving you to control what is known as depth of field. Without getting too tehnical it controls what is in focus and what isn't.
    The smaller the aperture number the less of the image will be in focus the higer the number more of the image will be in focus, the trade off being that the shutter speed will decrease or inrease dependent on the aperture.

For example if your taking a photo of a moving object i.e. skateboarding you are going to need a fast shutter speed the chances are that you're going to focus on the skater not the background so a small aperture would be used. If you were taking a photo of a landsape you'd want the entire scene in focus so a highe aperture number would be used though your shutter speed would increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by be a debaser View Post
    Aperture Priotiry is a must, you'll get more creative control espeially if your just starting out. Just a thought if you're having problems with exposures try using bracketing, basically you take your shot then take another a half stop under and another a half stop over. You do this by using the aperture ring on the lens, though with your flash digital SLR there's probably a setting that'll make the camera do it automatically.

Stick with it lookingforgold you show promise, you certainly have a good eye for composition, rule of thirds and all that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mac

Oh, so it's photo time? Alriiiight.

www.diversityskatecrew.blogspot.com
    Mostly skate photos.

I've taken 80% of the photos on that site including the ones in the first entry. Check it out.

All the entries that end with '-Chris' (or Marc) is written by me.
    Last edited by Mac; 06-18-2008 at 03:31 AM.

Great stuff Mac, there's some really nice work there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Great stuff Mac, there's some really nice work there.
    Why thank you, Mrs. Corrine

lookingforgold

Today was awesome. Got some pretty sick shots and had some fun skating.

Anyone know the rules of putting up pictures of kids you don't know/ didn't ask to take a picture of?