Thread: hardcore mode talk box...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Like bullet mentioned in some thread, the shit I usually try with s2 is hard as it is.
    That, however, goes for the most people on fluckit.
    The result I guess, is going to be that a fairly 'standard' trick in s2 will be alot more appreciated in hardcore mode s3.

For example, sw flip feeble on a rail in s2 is fairly average in terms of skill
    Someone pulling that in hardcore s3 will probably get alot more appreciated by both himself and the viewers...
    What I'm trying to say is that I think simpler tricks in s2 will get more attention in s3

(man it's hard trying to translate my fuzzy swedish thougts into understandable english)

sidenote: I'm extremely stoked on seeing demz abuse the hc mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I think its going to make our scale of whats "awesome" much closer to real life. like knexz said... things that are hard IRL are going to be hard in game. So like tre-flip crook will be like ender material instead of a first try trick.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I really dont see myself playing anything but hardcore mode....

I've always been into doing really challenging tricks, In the past i've found that through popless, hippy flips, double grinds, ungrindables, bonks ect basically all glitches. It will be nice to have a real challenge on the normal tricks

On another note, we all play this game a lot right? How long did it take us in the OG Skate Demo to get basically any trick we wanted on lock? I predict in a couple weeks after Skate 3 drops we will all have gotten used to hardcore mode, it wont feel tedious anymore, it will still be challenging, but it will feel right, and normal mode will feel stupid and will not be played...

About the whole grinding thing on hardcore, thats just going to take practice, eventually I see us all getting very consistent. I know that for myself, back in OG, there was a brief period, maybe a month or so, right before i joined the forums where all I did were ungrindables. And you know what, with practice I got them very consistent, and i cant imagine Hardcore Mode grinds being harder than ungrindables...

Long story short, really looking forward to Hardcore, cant wait to skate a mini. Will be so fun having to pump to gain speed instead of constantly trying to keep the speed under control...

this conversation is why I love fluckit. Sustained, friendly, intelligent, and detailed when and where it counts. This community is a safe haven.

That being said, I'm definitely using the demo as a test run for hc. When I go pick up my pre-order, I should know how i feel about hc. If I'm in love with it, I may never switch back. If I feel like my game just got kneecapped, I may stay normal. If it seems like each mode has it's benefits, I maybe a half and half kind of guy, chinos and polos by day, switchblades and back alley bettys by night.

The demo, will be all hardcore, because I honestly need something new, I'm having a hell of a time skating S2 right now, at all, because I know hardly anyone cares.

Tell you this much right now, Heckle session at the mega park will regularly be played on normal . . . . while filming sw tail to blunt slides will undoubtedly be in hc.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That being said, I'm definitely using the demo as a test run for hc. When I go pick up my pre-order, I should know how i feel about hc. If I'm in love with it, I may never switch back. If I feel like my game just got kneecapped, I may stay normal. If it seems like each mode has it's benefits, I maybe a half and half kind of guy, chinos and polos by day, switchblades and back alley bettys by night.
    jack has a point and i like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    ..I honestly need something new, I'm having a hell of a time skating S2 right now, at all, because I know hardly anyone cares.
    I couldnt have put it better myself.

HC will where we film our banger clips. But when we're like 3/4 of the way filming our part and we just wanna get some filler, we'll go back to normal and bang out a stock tricks.

Don't forget, we get just under a month with the demo. I think we'll all be quite accustomed to HC by the time the full drops.

By the way, i'm still looking for a team.......
    [08:21 PM] thesignguy: i like to trap people with movables, its like my make believe audience, i leave them off screen when i film so people dont find me odd

...i think ill switch to hardcore the moment i start the demo and never go back to anything else. im sure it will take more or less time to get used to it (and im sure i will love exactly this period most) but once im used to hc i can imagine, that switching back to normal mode could feel kind of strange.

for example: right now in s2 im used to the angle i need, to hit a rail in a certain way. in hc mode its probably different somehow. once the approach to a rail in hc mode becomes natural, that would be the way to go, will hopefully look more realistic and be more challenging. why go back to normal mode and fall back to old skate2 habbits? hope you get what i mean....

the other possibilty is, that hc mode is so hard that ill be completely frustrated and switch to easy mode and rip mega ramps all day
    !!!