Thread: hardcore mode talk box...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

Once I switch HC on its not getting switched off. It will be the new default.
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

Hardcore mode all the way for me. And we have to remember we'll be forced to use a dirty watermark if we're on normal. Of course that means nothing to the capture card folks
    I cant see myself ever switching to normal. Although i wont be mad at anyone using it.
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthmonkeyman View Post
    And we have to remember we'll be forced to use a dirty watermark if we're on normal.
    That hasn't been confirmed, Cuz specifically said watermarks on Easy Mode, Normal Mode was never discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    That hasn't been confirmed, Cuz specifically said watermarks on Easy Mode, Normal Mode was never discussed...

Oh yeah youre right
    More than likely then normal players can turn it off
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"

I am very excited for the new HC mode - I was thinking about the OG SKATE demo and when that came out it felt like you really had to line up your grind and the height of it more than you do now with S2 by far... I want that feeling back and I think HC will make that a reality very shortly for all of us. (let's hope)

One thing that concerns me a little bit though - If there is an Option NOT to have a watermark in Normal and also in HC who is to say what was filmed on either setting? I am not speaking about calling someone out on saying "That looked like normal when you said it was HC!" I want to watch something and KNOW that it was in HC so I can appreciate it for the mode it was done in and Wow-ed by the fact that the skater pulled it off at that rail/spot...

I can just picture people posting videos and stating(HC mode) next to the title and nailing crazy tricks that would be amazing done in HC mode but simply were NOT filmed in HC mode... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by GymAllstar View Post
    I can just picture people posting videos and stating(HC mode) next to the title and nailing crazy tricks that would be amazing done in HC mode but simply were NOT filmed in HC mode... just saying
    i didn't want to quote your whole posting but i second everything you said and i have the same concerns.

i hope that hc mode footage is easily distinguishable from normal mode but i don't hang my hopes high there. maybe if we all have some experience with skating and filming in hc we can more easily spot the differences but there should still be something watermark like. at this point only a handful of people knows first hand how hc mode feels and looks like.

i thought about this whole situation yesterday evening when i couldn't sleep and i thought about something along the lines of maybe a different looking vignette or no vignetting at all in hc mode. that could still be avoided with masking and cropping and i could see people doing it just for the sake of growing their e-peens.

this whole problem brings me to a point where i ask myself if i am taking this game too serious. in the end, it shouldn't matter which mode a trick was filmed in, if it is looking good and fulfills its role in the video. but if someone is bragging with it .... and here we are back at the beginning.

long story short: let's just hope that there is some easy to spot visual difference.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    this whole problem brings me to a point where i ask myself if i am taking this game too serious. in the end, it shouldn't matter which mode a trick was filmed in, if it is looking good and fulfills its role in the video. but if someone is bragging with it .... and here we are back at the beginning.

even though I totally agree with everything you said before this point when I came to this I was like NOOOO SHIT!
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post

long story short: let's just hope that there is some easy to spot visual difference.
    I agree that we should never take Fake Skateboarding and a video game TOO seriously, but in the same thought is the fact that most of us spend a ton on hours skating and filming and perfecting our tricks/lines in order to put together video parts. As I see it, if I spend the time in HC mode to film tricks and put together a part I can be proud of, I want others to KNOW that it was put together in the most difficult mode in the game. And also, when I watch other people's videos I want to see what can be done in HC mode at specific spots or gaps and KNOW that it was done with the HC physics....

So Voldy I do not think it is takin a game too seriously, I see it as coming down to time spent and effort put into a part that you would like recognized as an achievement to yourself and others in the community.