Thread: hardcore mode talk box...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    this whole problem brings me to a point where i ask myself if i am taking this game too serious. in the end, it shouldn't matter which mode a trick was filmed in, if it is looking good and fulfills its role in the video. but if someone is bragging with it .... and here we are back at the beginning.

long story short: let's just hope that there is some easy to spot visual difference.
    I agree that we should never take Fake Skateboarding and a video game TOO seriously, but in the same thought is the fact that most of us spend a ton on hours skating and filming and perfecting our tricks/lines in order to put together video parts. As I see it, if I spend the time in HC mode to film tricks and put together a part I can be proud of, I want others to KNOW that it was put together in the most difficult mode in the game. And also, when I watch other people's videos I want to see what can be done in HC mode at specific spots or gaps and KNOW that it was done with the HC physics....

So Voldy I do not think it is takin a game too seriously, I see it as coming down to time spent and effort put into a part that you would like recognized as an achievement to yourself and others in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by GymAllstar View Post
    I agree that we should never take Fake Skateboarding and a video game TOO seriously, but in the same thought is the fact that most of us spend a ton on hours skating and filming and perfecting our tricks/lines in order to put together video parts. As I see it, if I spend the time in HC mode to film tricks and put together a part I can be proud of, I want others to KNOW that it was put together in the most difficult mode in the game. And also, when I watch other people's videos I want to see what can be done in HC mode at specific spots or gaps and KNOW that it was done with the HC physics....

So Voldy I do not think it is takin a game too seriously, I see it as coming down to time spent and effort put into a part that you would like recognized as an achievement to yourself and others in the community.
    i never wanted to say that anyone here is taking the game too serious. that is as far from it as it could be. i'm really sorry if it sounded like that. i was only talking about myself. i myself take this game very serious, sometimes too much as it would be good for me and i really want the dedication everybody puts into it to show. that's why i wish for a way too clearly see what mode everything was filmed in.

sorry again if i offended someone.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

On another note, whats wrong with taking the game seriously? or "too" seriously?

I take just as much pride and put in just as much effort in my fake skateboarding as my RL skating or my music. Art is art, expressing your creativity, doesn't really matter what your medium of choice is, does it? Not to me at least...

...what you said, pawn!!! dont see a real difference, between being good at fake skating or being a good violin player for example....its all about gettiing used to the "musical instrument" your playing and expessing yourself just doing it. as long as you like what you are doing, its all fine, i think...

personally, i wont care if someone brings out a great vid, that has all been filmed in easy mode but is a great watch....

i know how much time it took for me, an "old man", to get finally the results i was seeking for from the beginning (and im still learning) ...and im sure there will be incredible demo-vids just after demo-release................i will turn to hc mode and eat lots of concrete, just because i like it so much....its all my personal flavour...and i hope there will be lots of different flavs!!!!
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    . Art is art, expressing your creativity, doesn't really matter what your medium of choice is, does it? Not to me at least...
    Pawn . . . I think I love you.

Schnav, Gym, this game is something that we all love. There is no "too much love" unless you just lost your job because you can't turn the box off.

As long as we're all paying bills and holding down our personal lives, nobody can tell me what to do with my free time.

HC mode could be a divisive feature. I see it wrecking serious havoc at the kid's table and at skatethis.

What I hope, is that fluckit steers clear of any bullshit. These are the dudes, the men, this is the place.

If I see a full Bullet part set to mickey mouse music and it's in easy mode, I'm still going to watch it, and if it's sick, I'll give the man his proper dues.

We have to hold our selves to our own standards without holding anyone else to them.

I know a lot of us already put in work to get our tricks. I can't tell you how many times I've been chilling with Stevland, listening to him drink his way through 90 minutes of skinny to slanted skinny gap war.

For me, wallriding up the darkness started in Sept 2009, and when I got it I shit myself, and walked around town like a proud papi.

If HC gives me that feeling on every trick, I will love it and hate at the same time.

We have to hold our selves to our own standards without holding anyone else to them.

Fluckit unite.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Wink

Let me preface this by saying... I'm buzzing a bit right now.

I kind of thought there would be some issues around mixing clips and such. I mean I remember "the kids table" when Realistic vs. Non-Realistic came up and it was pretty harsh.

I can definitely see another war brewing between HC and Non-HC. In that light, I definitely side with Jack. To each their own, you know?

It's like.. every direction that one could choose to take.. has it's own merits and difficulties. I mean.. it's like Street vs. Tranny back in the late 90's early 2k. Everyone just needs to recognize that each have their merits n shit.

I can't say that I'll watch every vid of every style and all that. I'll definitely have a preference. But that doesn't mean I gotta hate on Smithy B because he doesn't ride my style. He's gonna do him, I'm gonna do me, and hopefully.. we can recognize that and be chill.

Hopefully what I'm saying here relates to the thread and isn't just me trippin off my drank.

OsiRHIS

See...I like this place for this reason...no one takes themselves too seriously here. Yay Fluckit!

On topic:
    I want to approach HC like I approached the OG Skate demo...and take time to learn individual tricks. I remember spending hours the first couple of days the demo was out just learning how to do noseslides and tailslides consistently.

I want to have that same experience again...as well as develop my own sense of style and grace. HC opens the doors for that.

As to more recent comments, drama will always exist amongst the core of this game's community. Fortunately, all that drama is all over at the main EA forums. It's a breath of fresh air here.

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

HC is hyping me up so much.
    Just imagine,
    someone comes out with a part. It's UNREALISTIC. But done in HC? Do I give them hella props? Definitely.
    I feel like no matter how YOU skate in HC, it's going to be gnarly as fuck.
    I know I'm going to use the hell out of the new features,
    Darkslides, underflips, perfectly combined animations.
    My first Skate 3 demo solo will contain some realistic darkslides and maybe an underflip or two.
    I just can't wait for S3.
    It's going to replace MW2 for good
    I survived the demo days

tehwoot

prob just starting on Hardcore and keeping it that way... but then again who the fuck knows. Skate 2 was to easy, lets hope HC is how they say.

i think overall hardcore mode will make basic gameplay much more difficult, but i think it could make some things easier too.

for example, hurricanes, the only reason hurricanes take few a tries now is cause you have to fight the physics from locking the front truck down. If hardcore mode has less grind magnetism it will reward player accuracy and not force us to overcompensate to fight the physics. The trick might actually be easier in a way.

if this is true ^... i think everyone will play in hardcore mode all the time then.

AceMcCloud

I personally like being able to do exactly what I want, when I want during a line. HC mode can make this rather difficult at times where it's tricky to just get onto a rail/ledge the right way. That can really put a damper on the rest of the line I've thought up, considering that one trick is so harsh. Also, when ya'll are filming lines and what not, it's easy to play Normal and just not pop as high and things of that nature. But you already knew thaat.

Oh and, http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchTy...ME&itemId=9998

HC is everything i excpexted. Learning curve is exactly what i wanted it to be like.
    we'll all master it eventually so dont write it off if you cant grind a ledge on your first try, and if you dont like it ... switch back to s2 mode... That simple.

what i do think is a bit harsh is the watermark. a touch humilliating, no?
    DONTO KOI
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    opinions are like assholes. everyone has one, but noone gives a damn about yours.