Thread: Thoughs of teams....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Keep it small, simple, tight and focused, if at all."

exactly....

you dont plan fulls and solos...
    you just make them and see whos ready at the same time as you..

as long as everyone knows the deadline or when someones solos coming we dont really discuss the details...

i dont even watch people full parts till the day its uploaded to wegame...
    every full has been put together in a personal choice...
    recently i had no idea anders had that ender...
    and it all worked out just fine...

freedom...
    thats what teams are about..
    do what you want....

Richie x Jackson

Default Wow

Why is schnavolda defending this so hard? Skatethis is extremely competitive and if your video isn't perfect than u get rapped via keyboard. I made a forum for a team of my own, cuz i want a team that's chill and will just skate and make videos. I am however currently on Screwed Up Clique because that's how they are. Maybe other teams are like that too, but when i was on skatethis I liked only one person and that was midnight because he helped me realize what i was doing wrong, and he helped make my videos better, that's wut it's about, not insulting videos, constructive criticism is the way.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I wouldn't base your thoughts of teams on skate.this... I'm jus sayin'.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

richie u have to understand that alot of the people over there are kids who like to start shit. just like EA. if u dont like it dont go there. you may not like most of the people there, but it doesnt mean u can come here and trash on there site.

as for the teams, i agree with bladder 100% small, simple and focused. thats why hoodlum is branched out. no one could manage an entire team our size without branches.

"no one could manage an entire team our size without branches."

untill clothing cos started..
    shit you can have like 50 people on a tshirt hahah...

richie...
    WE LIKE SKATETHIS..
    IF YOU DONT..
    YOU WONT BE HERE...
    end...

hahaha forgot about the clothing co's damn

OsiRHIS

As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.