Thread: fluckit magnetism thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i just stumbled on this response from cuz about the whole situation. maybe not everybody has seen it at the kid's table.

So..here goes...

I am on the road doing Skate 3 biz. I literally have not been able to check the foirums regularly for a bit...

Sorry for the official delay in responding to the grind complaints in hardcore mode.

First, we are looking into it...and understand that the repel thing does happen sometimes. The physics guys explained it like this...by turning down the assist, it makes predicting the landing and intended landing all the more difficult. If the game cannot accurately predict the desired landing soon enough, the game will occassionally repel the skater to avoid other potentially larger glitchy "issues".

We have identified this and the smart guys have some ideas for fixes.

However, I did not state there will be a day 1 title update to fix this single issue. Unfortunately, without getting too deep into the technicalities of getting patches tested and approved, it simply isn't that easy.

We will try to fix it when we have an optimal solution but cannot make a promise as to exactly when that will be. (Fixing one thing has the potential to break other things, thus the need for us to take this step by step)

Fixing bugs, "issues" and complaints are prioritized and adressed on a priority basis. (Stee was on point with this)

I have explained and raised this hardcore grind issue with the team...and stated its importance to our core community. It is noted.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/507438.page
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

So.. Bud was pretty much on the money. It's a Collision Detection issue. Which means that it may be an issue within the code itself. Black Box may be able to find a work around.. but it's likely that the issue itself won't be 100% rectified until the next game.

Let's just hope that whatever work around they find makes the game feel/look like it's been 100% rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    So.. Bud was pretty much on the money.
    Sig THAT.

My knowledge is ENDLESS. Basically, without those hit checks, you'd end up passing right through the rail.

Steam
    Monkadelic

i used to map/script Q3 engine games with gtkradiant 1.4 for call of duty and jedi academy... i dont know about the mapping with the new engines but i know in q3 engine youd make everything with simple brushes and add the textures onto it... there was also this thing called a clip brush.... basically a clip is an invisible brush that is placed on top of another brush as a barrier so to speak to prevent someone from crossing that area.... but it could also be scripted to pull someone towards it or push them away as well...... if there are clips in the game that could be the issue: making the clips smaller .... like i said i dont know about havok or euphoria.... but in q3 that would solve that problem. outdated nonetheless... clipping is most likely a thing of the past.