Thread: I have concerns.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i think that this trailer isn't meant to be dead serious. therefor the t-shirt saying "this is not skateboarding".

we, the hardcore crowd, are only a part of the group that buy and play this game. i guess that more people play that game hall of meat style than ultra realistic. they need to make the game fun for both factions. only problem is when the jackass part gets bigger and more attention than the actual skating but with people like cuz and a lot of good skaters giving their names and input i don't see that happening.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    i think that this trailer isn't meant to be dead serious. therefor the t-shirt saying "this is not skateboarding".

we, the hardcore crowd, are only a part of the group that buy and play this game. i guess that more people play that game hall of meat style than ultra realistic. they need to make the game fun for both factions. only problem is when the jackass part gets bigger and more attention than the actual skating but with people like cuz and a lot of good skaters giving their names and input i don't see that happening.
    qft

You know what? All of that stuff is optional. There's still going to be plenty of great stuff to skate that will satisfy the hardcore crowd.

Remember, Black Box would probably not have got to make S3 had they not agreed to cater for the larger audience - the audience that have come to expect that sort of thing. How many people, realistically, do you think are in the hardcore crowd, the video making crowd?

Not many.

How many are in the larger audience?

Many.

So, in order to get the funding to continue making a great skate experience us, they also have to provide something that is more likely to make the game sell.

It's simple economics. Put in something that the general public can enjoy or relate to and you'll be able to continue creating something that the smaller, more dedicated crowd can also enjoy. Without that Hawking going on, you'd have no new game.

I totally see where you're coming from, but you have to understand that other people play this game, for fun, for bailing, for zombies and steaks and skeletons... to think that this game is made just for the hardcore community is, really, quite a selfish outlook. Embrace the comedy they're injecting and understand that, deep down, they're only doing it to make sure they sell games and get to make more games in future. And enjoy the fact that all that stuff you don't like... you don't have to use.

Simple.

Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

Cheers for the feedback, I can totally see why Black Box have incorporated these 'comedic' features, and sure I can choose to ignore them much like I do with Hall of Meat. The thing is, this is how started with the Tony Hawk franchise and look how that turned out.

Further to the initial point, the replay value for me is the online functionality, freeskating and filming lines is where it's at. Imagine if you will spending the best part of an hour nailing that sick line you've been putting together with friends when out of nowhere some pillock lands on you dressed as pork chop?
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

why would you freeskate in a public room???

make a private room and no porkchop will ever bother you.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Please dont compare Skate to THPS, THPS has never been realistic, come on, it took 8 games till grinds actually slowed you down, and even then they'd still give you a boost at first.

We got to skate as Dem Bonez when we broke all our bones, we probably unlock a piece of meat when we beat hall of meat

Quote Originally Posted by Stevland View Post
    why would you freeskate in a public room???

make a private room and no porkchop will ever bother you.

This is all looks correct to me.

Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stevland View Post
    why would you freeskate in a public room??
    To meet other people, my entire friends list is made up from people I've freeskated with.

I make a comparison to the Tony Hawk franchise on the simple basis that it started adding elements that detracted from the game. I think for the time and effort it took to programme the 'nonsense' we could've had more worthwhile aspects introduced. I have no gripe with the physics or feel of the gameplay and welcome the challenge of playing in hardcore mode.

These are my opinions and I care how this series turns out.

If the comedy element doesn't bother you, fair play.
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

We all care about how it turns out - I think there's just got to be a level of acceptance that we have to share it with a wider audience.