Thread: 26 hoods....Psycho HQ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stevland View Post
    let me start by saying that everyone delivered in this, too much good stuff to go into detail. some others did and i agree with them. southie put the nail in the coffin

i also highly respect the work you guys put in there, especially supa. i filmed eflixxx' tricks and that alone took aaaaages, haha.
    and doing tricks while someone is waiting and watching is hard to do.

i hate to be the odd man out but i want to point out some stuff that i think could have been better.

imo, 12 minutes is very long for a video only taking place in such a small place. half of it or a little more would have been perfect.
    using hip-hop, instrumental for the most part, didn't make things better. gets kinda repetitive. in the end it's a couple of bars that repeat over and over.
    to make the hip-hop work, you have to go the bobby digi route. all the beats are so prominent, you have to use it to your advantage. if not, video works against the audio.

my opinion obviously and you said it yourself "the filming and editing is out of the equation and it really is about the tricks and usage of the spots for me"

and now i have to go coffingrind stuff
    Let me touch on some of what you said:

The instrumental:

I had originally been using a version with lyrics,untill i got to horseheads part,where the rapper "Bizzare" starts to rap about being raped by his dad and thats the nice way of saying it,it was just so lame but i had already edited so much of the video i didnt want to turn back and find a new song and re-edit and beat match everything all over again,so i found the instrumental and stuck with it.I get that you hate hip hop intrumentals too,cause it's not the first time you have mentioned it on one of my video's.To each his own regarding music is what i say and i'll leave it at that.

A 12 minute video in 1 spot:

You said it your self "i filmed eflixxx' tricks and that alone took aaaaages" and "doing tricks while someone is waiting and watching is hard to do"

Having said that,dont you think we have pulled off something amazing at the HQ,26 guys skated it,killed it,each in thier own way and not one person has commented on its length in a negative way untill now.

Is it not amazing then that eflixx did'nt do anything that was already done by another of the 25 hoods?.I think that just goes to show the diversity of our teams,skaters and is sort of the point of the entire video.

26 guys 1 spot,style,creative use of spots and diverse tricks.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Last edited by SupaFly; 05-31-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Fucking Psychonaut's taking over. We're like the Death Row Records of fake skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    So... We all agree, fuck Psychonaut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Giving it thumbs down would be soooo obliviously obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    You are one of the few who only have good clips and I often have to concentrate and rewatch clips to realize just how fucking crazy they all are.

.:: Psychonaut ::.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychonautArchives

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    Having said that,dont you think we have pulled off something amazing at the HQ,26 guys skated it,killed it,each in thier own way and not one person has commented on its length in a negative way untill now.

Is it not amazing then that eflixx did'nt do anything that was already done by another of the 25 hoods?.I think that just goes to show the diversity of our teams,skaters and is sort of the point of the entire video.

26 guys 1 spot,style,creative use of spots and diverse tricks.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    I said in my first sentence that the skating was great and if it makes you feel better i say it again: everyone delivered.

I would be a moron if i'd expect everyone to agree with me, but obviously i have an opinion. I'm very aware that you choose this the way to be like it is because you wanted to.

you said at least twice to me that you want to work on your edits, so i thought i comment on the edit.

also, there's more than black and white. just because i nitpicked on the editing side of things/length, doesn't mean that i think the video is absolutely bullshit. far from it. like you said, everyone killed it,each in their own way.

sorry if this came around harsh, i sometimes forget that people interpret way too much into written words. my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevland View Post
    I said in my first sentence that the skating was great and if it makes you feel better i say it again: everyone delivered.

I would be a moron if i'd expect everyone to agree with me, but obviously i have an opinion. I'm very aware that you choose this the way to be like it is because you wanted to.

you said at least twice to me that you want to work on your edits, so i thought i comment on the edit.

also, there's more than black and white. just because i nitpicked on the editing side of things/length, doesn't mean that i think the video is absolutely bullshit. far from it. like you said, everyone killed it,each in their own way.

sorry if this came around harsh, i sometimes forget that people interpret way too much into written words. my bad.
    oh i wasnt offended by anything you said,i did want to tell the story about why i used the instrumental,cause i also think it didnt work that well for this video,as far as the video length,26 skaters in 12 minutes end o' story.
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Fucking Psychonaut's taking over. We're like the Death Row Records of fake skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    So... We all agree, fuck Psychonaut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Giving it thumbs down would be soooo obliviously obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    You are one of the few who only have good clips and I often have to concentrate and rewatch clips to realize just how fucking crazy they all are.

.:: Psychonaut ::.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychonautArchives

it was a good vid, and you know it
    now lets have a sausage party