Thread: What Camera Zoom Do You Prefer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    i dont understand why people only film the board and ankles while in 200
    12 for wide
    150-250 long, depending on the location, not the trick and what i want to do with the cam.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

I don't go with a set mm for close or long. I know it's not exactly the most helpful bit of info but it's true. Depending on the trick and angle I just play with the mm and the cam distance until I find something I think looks good.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

i experiment with a bunch of stuff, my lines are usually about 15mm, singe tricks are either 15mm or 200mm, and if i'm skating in a bowl or miniramp i usually do a bunch of zooming stuff.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

fishy: 12-14
    normal 35-50
    wide: 150-250
    i just take what looks best imo
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i film in 8

fish: 14mm
    long: between 75 and 130ish. i rarely go higher.
    i never use anything inbetween.

lines= 15-16. I try to get as close and low as possible while keeping the whole guy in frame. A lot of times, when the line starts with a gap or handrail or something I start at the bottom or middle of the stairs with my camera zoomed in to about 100 and then zoom out to 15 for when he lands, only cause I don't like doing the owl cam thing over stairs/gaps. I don't mind it when other people do it, but I just don't like doing it myself. I do the same thing in reverse when the line ends with a gap/rail

long= 230-500 I used to try and do what demz did and move the camera around to keep my guy always in frame and have depth and all that, but lately i haven't been trying that as much, and kinda like it when you just see from the knees down. I have always felt that long lens has been my biggest weakness and still haven't really figured out any formula that I'm 100% happy with.

I do agree with Demz that Anchors wins when it comes to long lens. I still don't know how he makes everything look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post
    i film in 8
    yeah u do jerkoffassfaceshark..
    love u.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    lines= 15-16. I try to get as close and low as possible while keeping the whole guy in frame. A lot of times, when the line starts with a gap or handrail or something I start at the bottom or middle of the stairs with my camera zoomed in to about 100 and then zoom out to 15 for when he lands, only cause I don't like doing the owl cam thing over stairs/gaps. I don't mind it when other people do it, but I just don't like doing it myself. I do the same thing in reverse when the line ends with a gap/rail

long= 230-500 I used to try and do what demz did and move the camera around to keep my guy always in frame and have depth and all that, but lately i haven't been trying that as much, and kinda like it when you just see from the knees down. I have always felt that long lens has been my biggest weakness and still haven't really figured out any formula that I'm 100% happy with.

I do agree with Demz that Anchors wins when it comes to long lens. I still don't know how he makes everything look so good.
    YEAH
    SO ALL YALL NIGGAS SAYIN I FILM LIKE BULLET, fuck yall, i hella owl cam that shit up.
    MUTHAFUCKAS

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    yeah u do jerkoffassfaceshark..
    love u.
    llove you 2 <3

i also started filming in 360, aka 1mm it's hecka amazing