Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

Default Is Skate 3 the last installment in the skate. series?

I was thinking about this the other day,

i havent read anything saying there were done with series, but some of you guys here on fluckit might know,

Please let me know if it s3 is the last skate. game or not

And if its not, leave some of your ideas for the new skate. game(if there is one)

Personally, i would like to see more put into making the city, and spots more gritty, like skate 2, so where not all spots were perfectly skateable, i want spots there have cracks on grounds, and janky rails,

But thats just me

So what do you guys think/want

-Cacty

in all honesty, none of us really know, i havent heard even a whisper

XBL
    TheDietTea

Honestly the way the franchise has been about the hype on media machines..
    I would've expected some coverage by now.. E3 and stuff already happened basically announce all new games there so..
    No way of knowing as said.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

if they are i kinda expect they're gonna take their sweet time with it. i hope it comes, just don't think it would anytime soon.

agreed, im just hoping if they make another they get the sizing of the spots right

I don't remember them announcing the other sequels this early, tbh. I'm sure we'll here more near Christmas time for another Spring/Summer release. Lets not forget, this is an EA title and it's been rolling through the annual release on the EA schedule so Skate 4 or some kind of major sequel is likely, especially if San Van Party Play DLC was the last DLC for S3. Sounds like they're moving into dev mode again.

Also, I agree about the sizing and design of spots. I think if I had to rank the 'maps', I'd say Skate 2 was my favorite. I loved finding the secret, grungy spots to skate and S3 doesn't have many. Most of the areas feel like a 10 lane highway, and that's just not fun to skate. I understand, they opened the game up to have the 'teams' skate around with space, but I'd rather it feel more real and organic like S1 and S2.
    I wanna be the life of the search party.

bb/ea contract was for 3 games...

right now everyone at bb is probably trying to figure out what they can add, how much its going to cost and creating a offer for ea to see if they want to fund the next installment...

no one knows if there going to make another....

yet...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

BB isn't a full EA studio?
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

bb is on a contract with ea but each game they can create is also under its own contract...

honestly i dont know what they make besides skate anymore..
    n4s was sold so i have no clue...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

I really hope we're not even close to the last installment of skate

agreed bacon, i feel the skate series hasnt fully explored all the areas of skateboarding,

like freestyle skating, guys like sg, and pawn try to implement there rl skating in there vids, but i think they should go more into it, handplants and hippy's arent enought for the freestyle skaters

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

rumors say, that there'll definatly won't be another skate. even worse, servers are supposed to be shot down...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

I love this game too much for it to end like this...

3 games and its over?? no way...

there's too much that they can do with this game...they could do 10 games if they had the money...

EA Skate is too young to die

demz, your down with the bb boys, do you know if theya re at work at all? i mean, if they are working, they gotta be working on something

my bet is no more ea skate as we know it, but there will def be clones of this game in the future, made by bb or not

I'm guessing it's history
    Xmas will cut the current fans interest in half with new games.
    Cc is gone. Ea site will most likely be distinct in 6 months
    I hope reel stays up for some time still.
    Game or not fluckit will last for some time I would think. I hope
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

to add to falling...
    and answer bo...

s2 servers were suppose to go down last october....
    so..
    expect that soon....

as for bb....
    i prolly shouldnt say much but...
    the last hope..
    the messiah that got us hardcore mode...
    the man that screamed CAP...

no longer works there...
    i.e...

everyone that created and cared for the game no longer works at bb...

i know those boys are friends in general but i have no idea if there working on anything..
    let alone together or skateboarding...

i wish them the best of luck...

casual warnings....

the beating heart of ea skate is the servers....

take away the servers you take away...
    reel...
    online...
    park sharing..
    graphics creater...

everything that makes the game awesome will be dead....
    its sad but if i dont get some kind of s4 hints winks and leaks then by aprilish im gonna make sure i have the my best gc work and current parks i want downloaded...

fluckit will not die cause im not going anywhere....
    i got another 7 years on my contract....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

XBL
    emericaridr11

Thanks DEMZ, you da man..... and he doesnt work there? DANG! thats not good

anyways, always putting my mind to a lil ease, repeat a little ease

i'm going to keep going with my blind optimism here

i'd rather have a petty arguing community than none at all

they wouldn't really shut down the servers after only a year... other ea games are still going 3-4 years...

worst case scenario - suck it up and buy a cap card, only use the same 4 graphics, and make parks til i run out of space

i do feel bad for cuz and the team. i'm sure they'd rather be making another game that's near and dear to them.

and i will stick be this game as long as shaun and tony are the only other options.

also, putting this in perspective - skate 2 was released in jan 09 i believe. first glimpse of s3 was in november - 10 months later. so if that logic holds, maybe we'll hear something by about february? it's only been 6 months, no reason to see this as the end already.
    Last edited by mamba12; 11-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

FLUCKIT WILL NEVER DIE....well as long as we have a server for it haha
    the true heads of fluckit will still come here everyday or as often as they come now.

as to the skate 4 myth i dont think itll happen....
    we lost cuz, scott and balmer.
    they were the cherries in the jar....
    now all we got is the juice, and once the juice is gone....no more skate, no more servers. only hope for a game made by someone else thats just as good or that's tolerable to play.
    the only thing fueling this game right now is its die hard fans like ourselves.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

I hate to be so pro fluckit right now but it really has been a second home for not only me but a lot of guys that play this game. I really do think that this little community we have here is one of the best in the video game industry. It's a place to chill and talk to people who share the same love for this game as you do, and share the videos we make out of appreciation for this game. If it were not for skatefluckit.com who knows how this game and community would be like. Some of the best ideas and icons from this game have come from fluckit.

Skate 4? Who knows... One thing is for sure that if another skate comes out, I don't see it having the same feeling as it did before because of the loss of the guys who really took the community into consideration. If it doesn't come out, fluckit will still be alive and kicking and the people who really care about this game will still be playing and recording via capture card. The game we have been with since its birth might stop but this community will keep on rolling...
    Hoodlum: Threat

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well if they discontinue the series I may have some small donations toward the fluck in the future..
    if worse comes to worst fluckit will be more layed back than ever.. buds chillin sharin tunes and real skate vids..
    be here nor there we've got time fellas, enjoy what we have..
    be excited to produce something you enjoy and if all this production doesn't have the team amped to make another
    well nothing will.. we are ripping this game left and right as a whole.. let's make a flucking statement..
    Collab video, We Want Skate 4.. who's down?

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan The Pawn View Post
    Well if they discontinue the series I may have some small donations toward the fluck in the future..
    if worse comes to worst fluckit will be more layed back than ever.. buds chillin sharin tunes and real skate vids..
    be here nor there we've got time fellas, enjoy what we have..
    be excited to produce something you enjoy and if all this production doesn't have the team amped to make another
    well nothing will.. we are ripping this game left and right as a whole.. let's make a flucking statement..
    Collab video, We Want Skate 4.. who's down?
    the we could title it
    "we want fluckin skate"
    "fluck for skate"

just some stupid ideas but i feel like they are just scraping the ice with skating and that they can still add lots. (all vert skaters should know this)

Any one up for a petition? We could take a stand and make some kind of difference right? lol
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 11-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Well if this is the last game (and im convinced it is) i had a fucking awesome time playing with the people i met. it was fun, laughs were made and memories too. And even if the game didnt reach what we feel is its true potential, it basically set a new bar for skateboarding games and who knows, maybe some person from these forums who can actually program shi or at least has the know-how of business,skateboarding and gaming can buy what EA put down and continue it some day....

all i know is since the game came out ive put 125.3% of work into my new part and im proud that i and others have stuck with the game this far...
    Last edited by Hitmanx123; 11-29-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: lols and laughs
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

The LEAST they could do is keep the damn servers running. It would be outrageous if S2 and S3 servers went down so soon.

The servers for FIFA 07 are still running....................so how would it be an issue to keep S2 and S3 servers going for another 3 or 4 years?

Where's the love for skateboarding?

love you guys but know..

like thrasher..
    we will wait a period of time till something wows us again...

on the real i fucking love skate and it is and will be one of the greatest skateboarding games ever....

i personally have not broken the cap down at all..

our community will thrive,....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

I hope your right....

I'm personally willing to stay here until I'm the last man standing...

I'm too new to quit... and its unfair...how people like me won't get the full skate experience...

Its very unfortunate that I happened to appear when everything is going down hill...its like catching the last bit of your favorite show before it ends...

I'm not going to quit though. Cap card sales are going to skyrocket when those servers go down

Fluckin' Hatchling

so sad to hear..

but i feel optimistic none the less..

Cuz , Balmer and Blackwood should get together again and try to find som other lcompany that would want to release a skateboard game, im sure it's possible.
    Rockstar would be the ideal company for this.. even though that most likely wont ever happen

but yeah, sad too hear about this, i really thought there would be more..

Quote Originally Posted by Tassemann View Post
    so sad to hear..

but i feel optimistic none the less..

Cuz , Balmer and Blackwood should get together again and try to find som other lcompany that would want to release a skateboard game, im sure it's possible.
    Rockstar would be the ideal company for this.. even though that most likely wont ever happen

but yeah, sad too hear about this, i really thought there would be more..
    i really feel like rockstar could do something great with skateboard
    (please no car chases and guns)

No matter if skate 4 sees the light of day or night, itll never be the same as the first experience with skate 1,

but hopefully we will see the next installment in the skate series,

And fluckiteers, keep in mind, between skate 1 and skate 2, there was a 16 month gap i believe, so it may take some time for bb to announce or tease us at all,

even though there was no news about skate 3 for many months after skate 2 came out, i could have sworn the blog kept being updated?

anyways. all of us who paid for filmer pack did pay for server space, they shouldn't be able to take that away from us..

i really wish they gave us some more indepth developer sorta tools. especially for the create a park. (google sketchup esque but with all the current game textures)..

i can't see any game taking over the fake skate world right now.

im down to play skate 3 til it's not possible anymore.

shit, i'm down to play skate 1 and 2 still.

worst case scenario and all the servers do shut down, well we didn't have create a park, or gc in skate 1 and we were fine then.

so lets just enjoy it all while it lasts, and hope it lasts for a real long time..

Fuck this shit I'm gonna play some
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Shit I still have to play OG skate...

I'm late...I better get on that...

And adda's right...the true fans are going to stick around and enjoy the game the game for many many years....

I know I am. Even though I started with Skate 3...I consider myself a true fan. I love this game to be real...and once I get all three...I'll play til I can't move my fingers. I will be here on fluckit as well.

Steam
    Monkadelic

with all honesty if we did lose cuz from BB ( which sucks and i was wondering why the blog hasn't been updated since the first half of last month) you can expect the ppl still left there to go on with their biz and not put anything else in this game.. they fucked it up enough already with s3 with no career mode basically ( lets face that hard cold fact) and refusing to listen to us about impossibles and put underflops in instead ( wtf) they did some very bad things for this game; however they did do some REALLY good things for this series also: ( bringing back old school film modes.... adding ramping to reel, hardcore mode IE "skate2", some old maps DLC, but with all that dlc they FAILED to provide a good filmer pack with NO WATERMARK!!!!!!!!!!!! im a fond believer of you cant have your cake and eat it too... but goddamn? we got it for less than nothing in s2 and now i done bought all the dlc and other shit just to play and film everyone else and you cant give me a fuckin watermark!!!!!!!!!!? good grief..............don't get me wrong; i can easily crop that shit out or mark over it but that is besides the principle..... the ONE thing we actually needed they pissed on us; and i will never pay 10 bucks to eliminate some stupid little watermark when i can crop it out or mask over it period.......... they just weren't thinking and not listening to the general population when they did s3 which is why im gonna go back to s2 for a bit until the take those servers off.... which will probably be at the new year rollover tbh. why would EA fund skate anymore when they have their bread and butter madden NBA and now the MMA ( which is ungodly sub-par to undisputed its ridiculous) but long story short.. EA is only concerned about the bottom line sales and the numbers of ppl playing the game- all of which we unfortunately fall into the lesser category...............)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    rationalism....

im drunk...

god damn if monk wasnt right though...
    some crazy ass mother fucking decisions....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Blazing a Trail

Its cool and all to see people being all like "we ll play the game till death, etc", "the true fans will play the game forever"... but i highly doubt it... i feel like the "best" players, the more dedicated, people that pushed the game forward are leaving one after another...I do feel like im tired of this whole thing and many people feel the same. There s still stuff to do, but imo not enough to keep a community alive... by community i dont mean a few people playing together online and having fun (cool for them)... i mean a diverse and bigger group of people making videos, with fresh stuff in it.... this stuff makes you play the game and try harder... it rarely happens nowadays.
    I feel like S3 vids lack something. Im not wowed like i was with S2 and S1...I mean it can be super good / amazing / etc... but theres only a few groundbreaking videos / guys... most stuff is generic now imo (3 years / 3 games... it makes sense...).
    So yeah maybe its me but when there are no more spots available, no more skateboarding... and we cant fly to another country... only a few cap are worth it... its still fluo, glitchy, unreal, etc...
    Watching videos and filming make me enjoy the game, try harder, it makes me interact with others and share something... i dont care about views and i still do my thing but i make vids for entertainment (me and the community). Tiny community means less videos, less dedication, less interaction... no more motivation to put effort in something...
    Dont read my post like "slamooh wants views for his vids, e-fame, ego", you would be wrong. I guess, im just not as optimistic as you. This series is amazing and the community and its diversity are the main reasons it is (was) so cool while it worked.
    Last edited by Slamooh; 12-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.

....well, just a thought. but maybe the game industry in general regards the game-controller as we know it as some kind of a phase-out model. this would mean, that the flick-it system is outdated as well. so maybe EA just stops to invest in all the old-fashioned stuff atm, thats not too profitable for them.

hasnt been too long since sony's move and xbox' kinect have been introduced. who knows what some clever guys are puzzling out. atm there arent many games that use the potential of these new controller types i think. and im sure that no one figured out, that a complex control-system like flickit would have been possible, when the first ps1 controllers were introduced.

dont get me wrong. i absolutely dont like the idea, of having to jump around in my living room to play a video game, like i saw in an xbox 'project natal' spot some time ago.
    i love lying on my couch and having complete control over a skater, just using my 2 thumbs. but im not sure, if thats the direction the game industry is going. computer games were evolving since they exist and so did the controllers. dont know what that means for fakeskating's future...i hope something!

fact is, that skateboarding always played a part in computer gaming (as a discipline in 'california games', skate or die, thrasher's skate and destroy, tony hawk series, skate series, now shaun white) and im optimistic, that there will something new, hopefully even cooler than everything we have seen. the question is only: when?

in the meantime ill shred some fake pools....and hope you could follow my confused thoughts....!
    !!!

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Im so grateful for this series, its been a blast

If it really is over, i have 3 games and a cap card and im not going anywhere.

I dont play as much as i used to, but when i do im still having fun and finding new stuff, and as long as there are other people to share with things will keep rolling.

Fluckin' Hatchling

(Note: I tried to post a "skate" update from Kotaku but am too rookie on The Fluckit to post it...but, visit Kotaku...you'll see it)

Been seeing the Kids' Table comments and what's in this thread.

There's enough of you guys here that know the score directly from the Tard's mouth...and those that don't have figured it out.

Appreciate what you have (or don't, your call, your time, your business)...figure out the "workarounds"...but a hearty thanks from those of us that lived and bled the game for many, many years and please know that I and many other "workers" on the team did what we could to get what we could into this round of skating games.

Evidently JR and the visionaries overseeing EA's course charting future aren't stoked on skating. That's cool. The run was fun while it lasted.

But...I'm still thinking, dreaming, and...whatevs.

Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My number of productions is about to go through the roof..
    Last edited by Antwan; 12-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.