Thread: FEEDBACK REQUEST - Alternative Fish eye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post

EternalRewind - Fair play man each to there own. I dont really have a preference myself. i've been watching a lot of old skate vids that have been converted over from vhs and they are all 4:3 and i just thought it would cool to try it.
    i think you misunderstanding me...I like what you did with the aspect ratio when in fullscreen on youtube.. You have made it 100% fullscreen, I like this as I said in my post...Letter box = a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen...I dislike that....Again how did you do this?

Banned

when it comes to tripod (fisheye) shots, I personally dislike it a lot when people keep their skater forced in the center of the frame.

Try letting the skater swerve from one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    i think you misunderstanding me...I like what you did with the aspect ratio when in fullscreen on youtube.. You have made it 100% fullscreen, I like this as I said in my post...Letter box = a black bar on the top and bottom of the screen...I dislike that....Again how did you do this?
    LOL my bad dude I totally misunderstood.

In terms of how i did it. I filmed my line at 10mm and turned vignette off, I converted it as normal with unaltered aspect ratio, then in sony vegas I set the screen size same as the file (16:9). you set maintain aspect ratio to on, and then using the crop funciton set it 4:3. To get the fish eye vignette use the cookie cutter plugin and create a circke edging and set to the size you want.

To create the distortion effect you need New Blue Fx Fish Eye plug in, its on the New Blue essentials 4 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    when it comes to tripod (fisheye) shots, I personally dislike it a lot when people keep their skater forced in the center of the frame.

Try letting the skater swerve from one to the other.
    Ok cool man, i'll give it a test out.

try getting a bit more of the fisheye vignette in the frame. if you look at some older skate videos (specifically some of the almost round 2 and world industries videos) the fisheye is blurred around the edges a little.

either way this looks alot more realistic. oh and you're xplicit right?

mmm a blur, should be easy enough to create. I'm doing another test tonight when i get in from work, so will take a look.

I am indeed XPILiiCiT. I used to use that for my video however I decided to go with my actual name in end as my GT/PSN is more fitting with like a COD player or something.

aha bro im erizn. "i dont want to play with you I feel like a pedo grooming somebody"

Oh ok, hey dude.

That was Duce who said that, he was only joking though because he's a old fart (same as me unforutnately).