Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skaters vs bmxers

Default skaters vs bmxers

i Know there has always been beef between skaters and bmxers which is dumb because where all just trying to have fun I used to ride skateboards but i sucked so i started riding bmx 10 years ago . But i always loved watching skate vids and skating in general ! here's a little bmx edit i made last year ( im the fat dude) . my next edit will have both skating and bmx and will be called blunts and stunts Let me know how u feel about bmx ?
    create it and skate it !

It's not bmx that I have a problem with, it's bmx'ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

So, here's my story. I've been riding at the same park since 1998, and when it was built it had a big sign with all the rules on it. Amongst those rules was "no bikes." At the time, we had mad beef 'cause if a bike came in, they didn't belong there, and being a fairly small park, which at the time was a really hot spot for lack of other local parks, we didn't like the amount of space they took up on the decks and flying out. As a few years went by, the BMX'rs built a good rep with the skaters, and we started letting them in until eventually the city raised the ban. Now, we all get along just fine, as it's all mutual respect.

Though now, we have dipshit prepubes being dropped off by the retards who were barely smart enough to fuck and spawn kids on their scooters. They don't pay any attention to the people around them, don't bother to follow proper run etiquette, and just generally get in the way. I don't think it's the scooters as much as the little twerps that bug us. Seems the scooter kids are... I hate to say posers... But not there for the love of the sport. If they rode those things with the kind of passion the skaters and BMX'rs do at my park, I'm sure they'd be accepted, too.

Long story short, I have no beef with BMX'rs as they're at the park for the same reason I am and we all have mutual respect as riders in one form or another.

But, fuck scooter kids. And while I'm at it, fuck anyone who wears a "I heart Haters" t-shirt without being able to grow ballhair, or knows who OWNS DGK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

With my town being a pretty much chav populated area, most of them ride BMX, but are the biggest stuck up cunts you'll ever meet. They go to the tiny park, and fucking sit around getting in the way doing nothing. No, you can't have a go of my board, fuck off. No, I don't want to buy a BMX because skatings "gay", fuck off. Then again is it just me or is it the like <16 kids who are stuck up pricks, but the older riders, >18 are generally just chill as fuck? For example of this, like, some rider from our town started a clothing company from the postcode of our town called SR7BMX and got it promoted online/in shops/mags. Anyway, now our park is literally covered in SR7, fucking everywhere, and it's always the stupid kids trying to fit in who do it who think "hurr sr7 be em ekz is so koo lol".

No problem with BMX'ing (unless you sit in the way), it's most of the riders are pricks.

I used to ride BMX around the same time I started skating. but we had no skate parks, so the BMX riding was done on dirt stunt tracks and skating was done on the street. this was 91 or so, I was 12.

eventually I stopped riding my bike, even sold it when I was 16. I never really had beef with BMX riders because I know that shit is fun too. the only problem is when they come into a small skate park, if you get hit by a guy on a bike, or have to ditch your board or kill your line because a BMX rider ate shit or something it gets annoying. there were a couple that used to show up at the Huntington HS skate park, which was really the only one around when I was skating, and that thing is tiny and it actually got a little hairy with BMX dudes rolling around. I don't really skate anymore (old and hurt), but if I'm at a skate park just rolling around doing rocks on tranny I always keep an eye out for those guys. I know they close the Vans skate park in Orange to skaters one night a week and just let the BMX riders have their fun.

I have mad respect for the sport though, especially the vert guys, that shit is nuts.

XBL
    emericaridr11

BMX is so tight.... BUT the people who ride them (at least fools around me) think they fucking own the skatepark

they snake us all over the place, and act like they deserve to

ya BMX is Awesome, BMXers SUCK ass (in colorado)...... and they chip off the coping but thats ok, cant get mad at that

There are lot of dicks in bmx , but there in every sport .Being a bmxer i always felt that we should just get along .Etiquette, Etiquette, make eye contact with people before randomly snaking someone ( thanks for letting me know how u feel )
    create it and skate it !

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    There are lot of dicks in bmx , but there in every sport .Being a bmxer i always felt that we should just get along .Etiquette, Etiquette, make eye contact with people before randomly snaking someone ( thanks for letting me know how u feel )
    true that.... I wished more BMXers here had that same mentality...... its always the 12 years olds and BMXers who snake me

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    Though now, we have dipshit prepubes being dropped off by the retards who were barely smart enough to fuck and spawn kids on their scooters. They don't pay any attention to the people around them, don't bother to follow proper run etiquette, and just generally get in the way. I don't think it's the scooters as much as the little twerps that bug us. Seems the scooter kids are... I hate to say posers... But not there for the love of the sport. If they rode those things with the kind of passion the skaters and BMX'rs do at my park, I'm sure they'd be accepted, too.
    fucking right. we got tons of toddlers on kickscooters and their stupid ass parents standing looking proud of the new, exciting hobby for their kids (which they only do so that they can brag about being modern to their disgusting friends over a soy latte)
    and you cant run into them (that's how we solved the kids-with-rollerblades-problem) because they are FUCKING TODDLERS and would die. they also do not feel fear, for some reason. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

they're not as bad as those god damn faggoot ass rollerbladers!
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

fucking scooter kids, they are the worst attribute when it comes to heading down to our new skate park, i'm all for the little ones being active, but this park is extremely cramped and they do not look out for any body, there is a few points in the park where bikers/skaters stand to be out of the way, but prepared to get a run or hit something, but around 90% of the time, there will be a train of 5 or 6, 8 year olds doing this 'train' around the park without showing the slightest bit of respect for anyone else other then themselves and when eventually one of them gets hit because of their stupidity, it is all the sudden the other person's fault.

I've seen this happen a good four or five times so far since the park opened, one of the accidents involved a skater pumping around this perm, kinda of like a pocket bowl to carve around, you go in and out in around three seconds. The skater looked around to make sure no one was near going in or out so that he could go and he goes in, half way around the bowl and a kid just enters into the bowl without a care in the world and the skater can't see him because he is turning around and he destroys the scooter kid. Mother comes up and starts bitching at him to look out for children while the rest of us try to explain that her kid doesn't seem to grasp the concept of 'look both ways before you cross the street' and she just storms off, all butt hurt.

long story short, I FUCKING HATE SCOOTER KIDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

"long story short, I FUCKING HATE SCOOTER KIDS." i also hate them lol
    create it and skate it !

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    From what I recall, I only had problems with BMX riders when they would destroy our ledges with their pegs or snake us in the park going like 35mph when they're probably not even supposed to be there.

I have friends that bmx and one of my favorite skateparks in Florida was owned by a couple of pro BMX riders, flatground dudes though, so a different type of biking.
    are u talking about mesh skatepark by chance ? and i have pegs that are aluminum with a plastic sleave over . ( NO damage to ledges )if anything it would be like waxing it up a little
    create it and skate it !

XBL
    TheDietTea

The sleeve thing is interesting.. never seen that before..
    There is no versus man.. not unless you make it a competitive thing.
    I respect anyone who has enough courage to express themselves..
    BMX, Skateboarding, Art, Basketball, Music.. etc. it's all the same.. classification is bullshit.
    Listen to Nike if you must.
    Just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    The sleeve thing is interesting.. never seen that before..
    There is no versus man.. not unless you make it a competitive thing.
    I respect anyone who has enough courage to express themselves..
    BMX, Skateboarding, Art, Basketball, Music.. etc. it's all the same.. classification is bullshit.
    Listen to Nike if you must.
    Just fucking do it.
    i was not trying to make it a competitive thing i was just wondering everyone thoughts on bmx as most of u skate and i bike ( but i have mad love for skating and skating videos)
    Last edited by OGBMX420; 05-05-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    create it and skate it !

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Alright, I am a skater from the 70's to the present. Initially I learned to dislike BMX riders mainly because they were privileged little twats in the early to mid-80's. Being a kid in low-mid income there was no way I could afford the Mongoose and Haro bikes out and the guys who had them in my area loved to rub your nose in this fact. So, there was a common dislike between skaters and bmx riders mainly because of the opposite side of the tracks mentality.

In the Late 80's/Early 90's I saw a lot more BMX Freestyle/Ramp people and less track nerds. I also saw a blurring of the money line as I was skating with kids in multi-million dollar homes and watching guys on bikes tear up quarter pipes they had leaning against their trailers. During that time the animosity waned a lot, but we all still couldn't stand BMX track riders because the ones we knew were total assholes. I remember hiding in the woods at a local dirt track they trained at with friends and pegging the snobby bastards with my sling shot.

Early to mid 90's I saw alot more BMX Streetstyle guys coming out of the woodwork and raging ramp guys. Pegs were all over the place and everyone had Detanglers. This created a new problem which brought up new dislike for BMX riders. Steps, ledges, ramps, etc would get horrifically thrashed after a moderate BMX session. PVC Coping would snap a lot, metal coping looked like it had been hammered, chunks out of concrete, etc. So, pretty much it got to where you never allowed bike people around. Hell, we let fruitbooters on our half when we wouldn't let cooler guys with bikes session it.

If you had a bike then you could session my Qtr and Street Ramps, but you did not come near my halfpipe or mini. Your ass also better not be caught near our park. I had to patch so many ramps cause some dumbass bailed and pegged through a transition.

Over the years since thankfully pegs were redesigned countless times from the bigass hair curler ones to the uber old hexagonal solid sticks. Many of them now are smoother, have sleeves, roller designs, etc to help reduce the destructive factor. Nowadays I rarely hear much bad between skaters and bmx guys. Most just mutually dislike fruitbooters [::cough:: ROC ::cough::] and scooter kids these days, but even that is waning since those sports are dead anyways.

I personally have always been a fan of Flatland BMX and still love to watch it. Hell, I had a bike for a bit that I cheated on my skateboard with. As a teen I was sponsored a bit by a local Schwinn Shop on their skate team so I got a Diamondback and learned basic stuff like an Endo, Cherry Picker, Tail Whip, and G-Turns, but my board has and always will be my first love.

Even as a skater some of my prized possessions are a framed photo of Dave Mirra he autographed and an Expendable Youth VHS autographed by Dave Mirra and Ryan Nyquist for me when I worked on the Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX game series. Both are very cool guys.

Most animosity these days I'd say falls into the old school "LOCALS ONLY!" mentality for your favorite spots.
    Last edited by replicant; 05-05-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: speeling r guud
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Banned

Here in Holland, there always is one fucker on a regular bicycle - occupying the pyramid.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Here in Holland, there always is one fucker on a regular bicycle - occupying the pyramid.
    lrn2broomstick
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Even as a skater some of my prized possessions are a framed photo of Dave Mirra he autographed and an Expendable Youth VHS autographed by Dave Mirra and Ryan Nyquist for me when I worked on the Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX game series. Both are very cool guys.

Most animosity these days I'd say falls into the old school "LOCALS ONLY!" mentality for your favorite spots.
    A) My two best pieces of swag EVER are my autographed Steve Cabellero and Rick Thorne posters from Warped Tour 1999. Rick was the guy who, despite being in an hours long autograph sesh would actually take a minute, ask your name, use it a couple times asking YOU questions about yourself, and gave me an over-the-table bro-hug when I told him I was there to meet Cab, but he was my favortie BMX guy cause he owned the sketchy style, and I could NEVER do what he does.

B) In Washington State we're blessed with a lot of awesome concrete, so we're pretty open to the non-locals coming to our parks. We have a lot of pride in showing off.

And, for the record, we were all probably assholes at a skatepark once. You gotta talk to the kids without being a dick about it before you can really get too heated with them. I'd say I have a 75% success rate with walking up to the scoottards and nicely filling them in on what run ettiquite is and why they need to earn the bigger guys' respect. Worst comes to worst, confront their parents about the lack of manors. Again, could be where I'm from, but people are pretty apt to change if you extend kindness to them when someone else would just be a dick.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Cab is my all time favorite skater and Thorne is a badass. Cab is supposed to be hooking me up with a new autograph since my original Bones Video he signed got stolen/lost in my move some years back. Cab, Vallely and Kilian Martin are the most down to earth skaters I have ever talked to. Nyquist and Escamilla are most down to earth bmx'ers I've ever gotten to meet.

In my old age I've gotten very accepting of people at local parks and areas no matter their ride. Helping a kid a a few weeks back learn how to do his first grind was one of my coolest days in a very long time. When my ass is sitting in a wheelchair I need people to entertain me so I'll help them as much as I can when I see someone trying.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Being a bit younger, I was all about the Bones Brigade as a little kid. I was like four the first time I saw the Video Show, and at that age, these skaters are right up there with cartoon characters for idoldom. Cab, Hawk, and Mountain have always been my favorites, but I remember not liking Hosoi in the 80's because the big kids in the neighborhood would always talk about him like it was like you liked Tony Hawk or Christian. By the time Middle School hit, and I realized I was the "old school kid" in my school, I dropped that rivalry and realized how sick Hosoi's skating was. Still think the dudes are all great. Doesn't seem Hosoi is all too preachy for someone who found himself some jeebus. Lance and Tony are both doing good things for the industry, and have passed their awesomeness down to the next generation. (I flipped out the first time I saw a Riley Hawk ad.) And Cab still rides EXACTLY like I wish I could.

I've always had weird feelings about Mike V and Rodney Mullen, though. Like, I think they rip, and they seem cool as shit, but they just never were favorites of mine per sey. It's almost like I respect the hell out of 'em but feel guilty for not being a bigger fan of either.

i used to ride some dirt ramps near my neighborhood. It was like an everyday thing for a good while. we had shovels and all. after a couple of my friends moved away it kinda died, though.
    I used to be able to (and probably still can after a few tries) feeble grind, 180, and 180 pivot.

you would think with all this, i would have no beef with bmxers....wrong.

they're probably the douchiest people i know. constantly snaking and just not giving a fuck about whether your skating or not. Total disrespect. fuck them.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by a red bicycle View Post
    i used to ride some dirt ramps near my neighborhood. It was like an everyday thing for a good while. we had shovels and all. after a couple of my friends moved away it kinda died, though.
    I used to be able to (and probably still can after a few tries) feeble grind, 180, and 180 pivot.

they're probably the douchiest people i know. constantly snaking and just not giving a fuck about whether your skating or not. Total disrespect. fuck them.
    thats cool you used to ride but your basically saying fuck me so FUCK YOU ! whats up with your name then?
    create it and skate it !

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

i guess i've got the same problem as everyone else with bmx'ers... i don't mind the sport at all, in fact i've got a few friends who are bmxers, but the great majority of the ones i occaisionally see at skateparks are pure fuckin retards. they always get in the way, don't give a shit about who's "turn" it is or whatever, they just go for it even if they know you're about to go for a run or trick. i don't mind the sport at all, just most of the riders themselves are bigtime douchebags if you don't ride a bike. lol

Can I Kick It? Techn9cianforlife's Avatar

So, here's my story. I've been riding at the same park since 1998, and when it was built it had a big sign with all the rules on it. Amongst those rules was "no bikes." At the time, we had mad beef 'cause if a bike came in, they didn't belong there, and being a fairly small park, which at the time was a really hot spot for lack of other local parks, we didn't like the amount of space they took up on the decks and flying out. As a few years went by, the BMX'rs built a good rep with the skaters, and we started letting them in until eventually the city raised the ban. Now, we all get along just fine, as it's all mutual respect.

Long story short, I have no beef with BMX'rs as they're at the park for the same reason I am and we all have mutual respect as riders in one form or another.

But, fuck scooter kids. And while I'm at it, fuck anyone who wears a "I heart Haters" t-shirt without being able to grow ballhair, or knows who OWNS DGK.
    That's gonna be my new quote...jus sayin Lol Anyway...I have no problem with BMXers in general. Just like most have already said..its jus some individuals I have problems with. They always take up the minramp. Either jus by standing there while their huge hunks of metal take up 3 feet of space..or by never leaving the ramp giving others a turn. That, or they just speed around the park airing out all over the place. Or scratching all the wax off the ledges with their goddamn pegs. If you're gonna remove the wax..put it back on with some of your own. That's jus how I feel. Also, I hate little scooter kids and their parents who bring folding chairs to sit in the grass (that happens here, IDK bout where you guys are) that pisses me off too cause they get upset when someone falls and happens to say a swear word cause they got hurt or are frustrated for not landing a trick that they've been trying for a half hour. /End rant
    youtube.com/techn9cian4life youtube.com/halcyonskateboards youtube.com/numbclothingtv

@OGBMX420
    hahaha good point

oh yeah and when i said i could 180 and 180 pivot, i meant on flat ground. not off the jumps- that would be insane
    Last edited by a red bicycle; 05-24-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Blazing a Trail

when I worked on the Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX game series. Both are very cool guys.
    Thoes games are amazing.. What was your job when making them?

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    Thoes games are amazing.. What was your job when making them?
    I did beta test work for Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX Remix. On Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 and BMX XXX (Was Dave Mirra 3 until Shawn Rosen from Acclaim Max Sports screwed us over) I did alpha/beta testing and worked in R&D as a Freelance Design Consultant. Basically, besides playing the games a lot I got to work with the Level Designers in every point of level ideas, concept, layout, creation, and implementation. Getting to be part of the process from writing notes on paper for level ideas, to wireframing the inital base levels, then applying textures, and finally riding it was one of the most amazing things ever for me. My favorite thing in DMFBMX2 is "Replicant's Drop" which is the only Rail-2-Rail Offset Axis grind that a rider can be credited for in the game. The actual game engine couldn't properly cover those variables without making a PS2 just seize up everytime. Todd Robinson one of the LD's figured out a way to fake it, but wouldn't ever show me how he did it. All I know is that he has every corner of that building spot unmerged in wireframe. =)
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Blazing a Trail

Man thats cool replicant.... You lucky sob... I wish DM3 didnt turn into BMXXX

I still play those games..

Heres a vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHoP...el_video_title...

When I get a cap card I'll make DM2 vids for sure
    Last edited by EternalRewind; 05-26-2011 at 12:01 AM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Man thats cool replicant.... You lucky sob... I wish DM3 didnt turn into BMXXX

I still play those games..

Heres a vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHoP...el_video_title...

When I get a cap card I'll make DM2 vids for sure
    Very nice. That brings back memories. Loved the Alley Oop stuff. I was always a half-cab nerd and still am. I still play them too when my PS2 works (on 4th or 5th one >_<!). Might look into the PS2 emu scene and see how it is.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Blazing a Trail

Very nice. That brings back memories. Loved the Alley Oop stuff. I was always a half-cab nerd and still am. I still play them too when my PS2 works (on 4th or 5th one >_<!). Might look into the PS2 emu scene and see how it is.
    my ps3 slim doesnt play ps2 games so im trying to get this ps2 emu working....Im going to get a xbox 360 with a copy of DM2 hopefully soon

XBL
    replicant#2618

my ps3 slim doesnt play ps2 games so im trying to get this ps2 emu working....Im going to get a xbox 360 with a copy of DM2 hopefully soon
    Oddly enough on DMFBMX2 I have it for Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PS2. I don't have the Xbox version, but a quick google shows it for as low as $1.99 and up (Some $5 after shipping added). Ebay has some even cheaper.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

the BMX'ers are cool when they're off their bikes. (at least in my town) I've met some chill guys from out of town, but you don't see them around much.
    Problem is, the skatepark in my town is very small, with almost everything falling into one line. The bikers hog this entire run, doing nothing at all, or just sitting on something random in the middle of the run. That, and it seems like none of them notice when you are skating something, and just ride by, almost freaking crashing into you. I have nothing against BMX'ing, I just don't like any of the ones in my town.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by TACOPUNISH3R View Post
    the BMX'ers are cool when they're off their bikes. (at least in my town) I've met some chill guys from out of town, but you don't see them around much.
    Problem is, the skatepark in my town is very small, with almost everything falling into one line. The bikers hog this entire run, doing nothing at all, or just sitting on something random in the middle of the run. That, and it seems like none of them notice when you are skating something, and just ride by, almost freaking crashing into you. I have nothing against BMX'ing, I just don't like any of the ones in my town.
    Kinda similar scene around here dude..
    But it varies haha it's weird
    Some parks they will just be in the way but depending on the setup
    sometimes they will just be chilling on the sidelines.

That happens with skaters too though.. I've run into a few people
    had to stop for someone coming
    the skaters actually seemed more aggressive around here.

Fluckit Master

Mate that DM2 edit is awesome! nice moves man.

Here is a video I made of me riding the bike in THAW. I had it all modded so I could ride the bike in parks created by myself (that mod also gave me the chance to play online with self created maps, pretty much like skate 3 right now, had tons of fun with it back in the '07 hahah).

You can see realistic gaming is all I do (like in the skate series tho).

I find THAW the best bike game and it's not even a fully bmx game! THAW has smooth and realistic physics, too bad about the lack of tricks but, It's way too good for just a skate game with a bike as an option.

I've been playing both skate and bmx game for years (I've been riding my bmx for years too) and I find skate games way more fun. Needless to say Thrasher S&D was/is/will be beyond epic.

Quote Originally Posted by a red bicycle View Post

what color was your bike?
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

i hate everyone. easy.

Blazing a Trail

agusbmxarg you made THAW BMX look damn good, real dope stuff.. I d/led the pc of the game version but can you show me the mods you used? The game looks so fun!

Fluckit Master

agusbmxarg you made THAW BMX look damn good, real dope stuff.. I d/led the pc of the game version but can you show me the mods you used? The game looks so fun!
    Thanks a lot dude!, the only mod I use is called 'THAW-THEMOD' (CLICK TO DOWNLOAD), because the rest the mods affect the skateboarding aswell, and I like playing realistic in THAW too, I don't want perfect balance and endless grind, the main things this mod does are:

- bmx bike available in arcade mode/created maps/ online
    -created maps available in online.
    -set restart points anywhere.

It's been a long time since I last played online, I just cruise with the bike nowadays.
    If you want to, I could upload my created maps. I did many famous spots (El toro, hubba hideout, MACBA, a LaFayette plaza I look up in Google Sketchup, and some Dew Tour/X games courses), like more than 40 in total hahah.

Actually I don't know if I could play online now, since the last time I checked, latin america was banned from some servers (I'm from Argentina).

Blazing a Trail

Awesome agusbmxarg, thanks dude....I got to get this game working then install the mod..Hopefully all goes well... If you can upload the parks that would be cool!...Thanks again!