Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Yeah but to say that CAP takes away from "searching for spots" just doesn't make sense. You can search for spots all you want CAP doesn't hinder that in any way the original map is still there. It just adds the "what can be made" factor to the "what can be found" factor. Its an addition not a subtraction. When CAP was created it wasn't at the cost of anything. You foolish fools!!!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FullyFl4RED00 View Post
    Yeah but to say that CAP takes away from "searching for spots" just doesn't make sense. You can search for spots all you want CAP doesn't hinder that in any way the original map is still there. It just adds the "what can be made" factor to the "what can be found" factor. Its an addition not a subtraction. When CAP was created it wasn't at the cost of anything. You foolish fools!!!
    Yea but what's easier? A) searching through PC for a new spot B) loading a Skate.Park
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Blazing a Trail

I agree that it is harder to find a unique way to skate a hard to find/new spot than it is to just load a skate.park, but I'm talking about creativity and whether or not CAP has "killed" it. Are there not creative ways to skate CAPs? Are there not creative ways to make CAPs? Whats harder A) searching through PC for a new spot...or C) having an idea for a new spot, making it (making it well of course), and then finding a unique way to skate that? Yes...CAP has made it so some people stop looking for new spots in PC, but you don't have to stop looking because PC is still there waiting to be thrashed in new ways. What CAP has done is expand the possibilities of what we have to play with. Creativity=create.a.park+PC.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

I feel as though, to me, the best way to approach this game is to skate the world that has been laid in front of one's self. As others stated, there is nothing better then skating a spot that has been hit before and finding a whole new approach to it. The reason why this game can operate on so many different skill levels/styles is spot selection. A plaza can be viewed in one light, but then completely altered by skating it from the other way.

As much as I appreciate the exceedingly thorough CAP's, I receive more of a satisfaction when finding a spot in SV/NSV/PC than hitting a perfectly made stairset...

Every city in the world is quirky and to a point a little difficult to skate. The worlds in the skate franchise do a nice job replicating that imperfection.

rooftops...
    Hoodlum: Threat

Quote Originally Posted by FullyFl4RED00 View Post
    I agree that it is harder to find a unique way to skate a hard to find/new spot than it is to just load a skate.park, but I'm talking about creativity and whether or not CAP has "killed" it. Are there not creative ways to skate CAPs? Are there not creative ways to make CAPs? Whats harder A) searching through PC for a new spot...or C) having an idea for a new spot, making it (making it well of course), and then finding a unique way to skate that? Yes...CAP has made it so some people stop looking for new spots in PC, but you don't have to stop looking because PC is still there waiting to be thrashed in new ways. What CAP has done is expand the possibilities of what we have to play with. Creativity=create.a.park+PC.
    Yes...and CAP has also gave us possibilities to skate stuff that it's not possible to find in PC...how many polejams you find from PC...or ungrindable handrails ?
    Personally i'm fallen in love to create Wallies because a) RL skating b) Because of CAP's.

I have also found out that i've found new stuff to skate in PC because of CAP. I have liked some obstacle in some CAP...i have never liked to film CAPs for Solo's or FL parts...so i have tried to find similar spot or obstacle from game map. I have many spots AND TRICKS that i have found out that way

I'm still saying that CAP didn't killed creative all it's ways...it opened new ways to be creative...and new ways to find creativity. Just IMO

Almost unlimited layers killed creativity in the gc
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    yes
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

XBL
    emericaridr11

so yall dont want us to upload caps anymore..... make you find spots....... haha JK

Jerr...... do CAPs make you skate the way They wanted it to be skated...... OH BUMMER DUDE!

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    don't care
    as long as people can make them look how they want
    the only problem i have with the unlimited layers is that I hate having the graphic look just slightly off
    lolperfection
    fuck gc

oh and slamooh
    what the fuck
    GET ON XBOX FAGGOT