Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    killer kow20

I agree in a way. its fun to skate CAPs but if im making a solo or any video i refuse to use clips from a CAP because there is so much that can still be done in PC. you got to find new ways to skate old spots and you may not think there is but there is stuff to find you just have to cruise around the city and it will catch your eye believe me.

well if you feel it killed your creativity then don't skate them...and look for spots in PC.

I build caps constantly but I also climb roofs and buildings to find new ways to skate things,you can't complain because cap creators made it easier for you to have spots if you wanna be creative go do it! No ones MAKING you skate C.A.P.s. But you saying CAPS killed the creativity is like a mega ramp kid saying realistic skaters killed the fun. The games all in how YOU play it.

I think the "hunt" for spots in the previous two games was a factor that kept many people playing and putting out great videos towards the end of each game's run. On the same note, the CAP feature filled that role in Skate 3 for some people. In my personal opinion, I feel more satisfied when I find a nice spot within the real city, but that's just me. One can still try this in Skate 3, but I think many people see the CAP feature as the "easy way" out. There have been many great CAPs, but I feel like they caused many people to give up on Port Carverton. A year after the Og and Skate 2 were out respectively, people were still finding lots of new spots within each game's cities. This was partially because that was ALL we had. The CAP was a nice addition though (it gives me a reason to get on s3 from time to time).
    So I guess I agree and disagree lmao.
    youtube.com/tacoman1337

I don't agree with Jerrel.

With CAP you can take a break from PC. Skate 3 would have died last august without it.

edit: CAP is a part of being creative with this game (in a different way), BUT it killed the spot searching. Truth.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 06-16-2011 at 10:47 PM.

It's not that CAP killed it, It's more work to go look for stuff especially with the seperated cities, you don't just skate around aimlessly because you'll be doing one big circle. DLC has some fun random shit though. Like I said if you REALLY want to skate PC you'll do it but we all agree that its a shit city compared to SV And NSV.

Yes it is a shit city. However you can find many ways to skate little parts of it. I can't do that personally. I personally can't skate PC for more than 20 minutes without getting bored. CAP makes me not want to spot search. Maybe in the next 6 months there will be no such thing as spots in PC. CAP covers that.

Banned

Feels like CAP was their excuse for a crappy city

this thread reminds me of the one innout made about the object dropper making things less creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

It deff is Jerr, hahah.
    I skate in real life as well or well I used to before I lost everything I learned CAP gives me the opportunity to build spots I've wanted to skate in real life and in videos and shred them like a god. All in all I agree with alot of your statements but I disagree with the focal point which is that C.A.P killed creativity.

On a different note its refreshing to see people say niggas openly hahaha I felt like people would refuse to say it.
    Last edited by Ohmidineffect; 06-17-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Niggas interfered with my intial post so I had to redirect my post to jerell