Thread: The "Proper" way to play Skate...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    There is no way except the fun way...
    As simple as that.
    Also, on topic, a minutes ago when I saw this thread I recalled the day before yesterday, when I check'd the ps3 resolution with the RCA cable (after having troubles with my hdmi output) I said 'Uuughh this looks so fckn crappy', then I remembered that skate clips upload to skate.reel always in the same resolution no mather what graphic input are you using. Instantly remember how much fun I have playing this game that I partly forgot how sad I feel about my broken ps3...

I make parks rarely, but all I do most of the time is skate around the cities in the games realistically. It doesn't matter how you play the game, FlyMike. It's "how" you want to play it. You want street do street, you want realistic do realistic, you want crazy mega park skating do it. IMO we all have our own ways of playing the Skate games.

Banned

Keeping it real: disregard alot of what others have said in here. If you had made an arcade video like you truly wanted but DIDN'T have the name you now have from creating this insightful discussion, your video would've been ignored like those of many others.

Sorry, just calling it how I see it. I don't disagree with anything said in here because in theory that's what we all believe, but not in practice..

Cheers to you bud.

-R
    Last edited by Roke; 08-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Awful Awfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by Roke View Post
    Keeping it real: disregard alot of what others have said in here. If you had made an arcade video like you truly wanted but DIDN'T have the name you now have from creating this insightful discussion, your video would've been ignored like those of many others.

Sorry, just calling it how I see it. I don't disagree with anything said in here because in theory that's what we all believe, but not in practice..

Cheers to you bud.

-R
    Funny how true that is

best to adopt the 'fuck you I do what I want' attitude from early but still be open to constructive advice
    Last edited by Sickone; 08-16-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Appreciate all the feedback guys. I was in the process of quoting and responding to every post until my browser just crashed so fuck that. Everyone is pretty much saying the same thing which is, "Play how you want" and "Skate offers so much variety that there's something for everyone anyway". And that was my preconceived notion when composing this thread but I just had to see the perspectives. HOWEVER, admittedly I was looking for something similar to this......

Quote Originally Posted by Roke View Post

Cheers to you bud.

-R
    Haha appreciate the honesty bro. I already knew this. This was probably 80% of the overall gist of my original post. Sure i CAN do what I want, play how I want, etc. But how can i......not so much as appeal to the masses, as much as be HEARD by them? I wanted to know what was the main trend and "thing" amongst the hardcores and "in-crowd". I found that out. And this wasn't because I wanted to conform, I just wanted to be aware.

So yea, like, I can do my own thing. Just like plenty of other vids on youtube, especially the extreme ones. Dudes on the forum are a nice bunch, mad chill. But despite everything that has been said, those types of vids or styles are ACCEPTED but not necessarily RESPECTED. Or a few might just be totally indifferent. So it's not a thing of wanting approval by the crowd or whatever, it was just an interesting discussion imo for me to get some insight on stuff that might be known to guys with years in the community.

And I do feel you. I could prob do a compilation that makes the purists cringe. Not get any comments or feedback except for the usual few stragglers. Just another in the sea of clips. But now since I'm the guy that made that topic, and i've introduced myself to an ok amount of peeps in the community, i'll prob get some pats on the back, and props, at least for my first vid. Even if it's not the common interest around here. NOTHING is wrong with that, it's natural, and to be expected. I'd still appreciate it all the same. But yea Roke you hit the nail on the head. IN THEORY, it's all good.

P.S. I don't want anyone to get anything confused as a want or need for peeps to like or approve anything. I just wanted to be aware of what the general consensus was on. Plus, this discussion, if anything, was a cool way to journey into the realm of "what's understood, but never really said", ya know?
    Last edited by FlyMike; 08-17-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Pimp hand, give me strength...

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

gizz <3

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"