Thread: Where did the skate series go completely wrong?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Dude demos even felt different the shades and shit were overthought asthetics but if you cant enjoy skate 3 bite your fucking tongue more updates than the other skates just because they cared and more complained delete your update and play offline and try to film shit and in hardcore you pop higher you dont even know.. Blackbox went out with a bangin in my eyes.. I dont know how you can hate on arcade air in megaparks though.. So much fun getting huge air and switching to hardcore for certain things not mentioned but just sayin Personally I hate all the negativity and I dont mean advice dont get it twisted.. People getting kicked from online sessions others that just check in to leave a rude remark on videos.. Were lucky we even got skate 3 dude.

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Dude demos even felt different the shades and shit were overthought asthetics but if you cant enjoy skate 3 bite your fucking tongue more updates than the other skates just because they cared and more complained delete your update and play offline and try to film shit and in hardcore you pop higher you dont even know.. Blackbox went out with a bangin in my eyes.. I dont know how you can hate on arcade air in megaparks though.. So much fun getting huge air and switching to hardcore for certain things not mentioned but just sayin Personally I hate all the negativity and I dont mean advice dont get it twisted.. People getting kicked from online sessions others that just check in to leave a rude remark on videos.. Were lucky we even got skate 3 dude.
    i had to pause what i was listening to so i could read that.....

i didnt hate on big air or mega parks in that wall of text up there....i specifically hated on Hall of Meat and the Clothes....
    Skate 1 had big air and such but it was still a skateboarding game....
    Skate 3 on the other hand was built for 150 ft rails over 200 sets and ledges everywhere and then hardcore mode was thrown in as an after thought...it feels wrong

i dont feel lucky for getting skate 3...honestly i coulda done with out it if i knew it would be this bland.....YEAH I said Bland...its the same damn game they just changed the colors...they didnt fix anything....more or less broke things that already worked...
    And if they didnt change something they just left it on the disk and made you pay for it again....

So basically im sticking with my main idea that skate 3 is a Piece O Shit
    Last edited by MackBoogie; 08-17-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I still don't think any of them have flowed as well as OG Skate when it was first shown on Rob & Big.
    Rob & Big Season 1 Episode 3 "Travel" was when they went to Vancouver to do mo-cap work for the game.
    They got to sit down and play an early build which to me just looked more solid and realistic in motion. It's roughly about 5m into the episode when Rob is playing the game with Cuz. Here is a link to the episode on mtv.com which is poor resolution to me, but still gives you the idea. I think this was the first showing of the game anywhere outside of conventions.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/rob-and-bi...59&channelId=1
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Yeah, would have been great to get a game like that. Sadly it was all pre rendered and not actual gameplay

XBL
    TheDietTea

Obviously if you rush a project for the fans it was not going to be perfect even og had flaws but it wont please everyone right go buy skate 2 if you hate skate 3 and keep playing it youre a douche.. Sorry. Skate 2 is like 17 bucks and my post was another rant "not mentioned but just sayin" but fuck reading it all eh discussions suck

this reminds me of the old EA forums when any new info would drop we would all forget our beefs and screen cap the hell out of every clip. If you had any new incite to what we all had watched 1000 times already, you would brag about being the "FIRST"
    I could remember the fluckit chat box was buzzing with speculations and todays lunch.
    good times
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Fluckit Master

SKATE 2 FOR LIFE.
    I don't get tired of saying how proud and I am of playing just skate 2 and exclusively skate 2.

Actually I can't be more happy having my ps3 broken. Because now the one who broke it is gonna pay me a new one, and I can play skate 2 from the start again, and ride some spots that resulted modified during carreer play (like area behind monster's and such).

I wont play skate 3 in my house not even If some dude give it to me as a gift or something. Not even that.

XBL
    TheDietTea

What would they add to skate 4 anyway where would the crazy story go

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

OG still has the smoothest animations and physics. Wonder how long it'll take till everyone comes crawling back...

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    OG still has the smoothest animations and physics. Wonder how long it'll take till everyone comes crawling back...
    skate 3 servers suck so i might as well play skate 1 or 2....

lol according to antwan im a douche for having an opinion that didnt match his?...skate 3 is a decent game to find in a 20 dollar bin but for 60 dollars plus dlc it coulda been hella better....disappointment at an all time high

Skate 4 they should have it like an EA sports game...no gay ass stories just focus on the skating...but whos gonna buy that game besides us? no one therefor it wont be made and we are stuck with 3 games that could have stepped up with each instalment but didnt....skate 2 was a huge step from skate 1 but skate 3 is just skate 2 with nothing in it