Thread: What Bands / Music does everybody like?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    I see people all the time that are bragging about what they have on their iPod, or only listening to music because it's the song everyone else likes. Just like fashion, people dress because that's how you're supposed to dress. A ton of people don't listen to music just because they like the music, half the time they don't even like it.
    One example of this is that a song on the radio everyone pretends to "love," and then after a week the song is "old" and thus they no longer like it. REAL music doesn't feel dated.
    People use music as a way to say "Oh hay look at me I'm cool" instead of actually finding something they really connect with and feel for. I mean, listen to the radio for like 10 minutes. The music they play on there is lackluster, far from creative, and everyone gobbles it up because if it's the "New thing" they want to be part of the bandwagon.
    I. Love you.
    Man, you don't know how much i agree with you. I personally can't stand the..."new music".. nor the attitude "cool people" have against the music.
    I personally don't know any of the music that plays. xD
    But that's mostly beacuse I listen to the more hardcore end of metal *cough*slipknot<3*cough* and therefore don't listen to the radio. xD

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    I. Love you.
    Man, you don't know how much i agree with you. I personally can't stand the..."new music".. nor the attitude "cool people" have against the music.
    I personally don't know any of the music that plays. xD
    But that's mostly beacuse I listen to the more hardcore end of metal *cough*slipknot<3*cough* and therefore don't listen to the radio. xD
    It's all good man, glad to see someone's on my side with this. I listen to Punk and Grunge more than anything, so I REALLY avoid the radio XD