Thread: No you money grabbing Bastards!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aebstract

Was this their quick fix for people bitching about the big black challenge being too hard? This is complete bullshit.

Has this news hit the EA forums yet? That should be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It will be
    duck...

aebstract

I don't use EA forums ;(

CPOne

whats the big deal? if people are stupid/bad/impatient enough to pay for something they can get for free by playing the game, then good for EA. i say let them benefit off of these people

Darkslide

Quote Originally Posted by CPOne View Post
    whats the big deal? if people are stupid/bad/impatient enough to pay for something they can get for free by playing the game, then good for EA. i say let them benefit off of these people
    Instead of devising an actual DLC that is something new they offer whats already in game at an EXTRA price. Its just like EA to do something like this...

CPOne

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslide View Post
    Instead of devising an actual DLC that is something new they offer whats already in game at an EXTRA price. Its just like EA to do something like this...
    i still dont see the big deal

i mean personally i really wasnt expecting any new DLC on day 1 anyway

businesses that want to make money isnt an entirely new nor strange concept... and although im certainly no big EA fan, i dont see how this is them doing anything wrong or bad

people want to pay for something that is already in the game? that is their choice, a foolish choice imo, but thats on them

new DLC obviously is going to take time and money to create... and if taking advantage of lazy people that buy the above content manages to fund the development of new DLC down the line... i say good for EA, get that $ and use it to develop new DLC that i will gladly pay for

SonicKaos

I'm with him.

They've done this for their NFS games already anyway, so I'm guessing it works. Some people just don't have time or are too stupid to realise you can get it all free anyway... to the latter, I don't feel bad for stupid people, so if it funds EA so they can keep making Skate related stuff, It's all good by me.

Piss Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by CPOne View Post

The big deal is that only 5 years ago this would have been a code that you enter in the game for free, and all you would have to do is go to cheatcc.com and search for ur game. Game developers are abusing dlc; DLC should be an after thought to complement a game after its successful release not something the developer has in mind before the game even comes out. (ie the new gears mappack)

People need to keep a couple things in mind.

Yes DLC is a way to squeeze more money out of a title. This has been the reasoning behind DLC from day one. Most companies could careless if you keep playing 1 particular game. In fact.. to the contrary they want you to tire of it eventually so you can buy the next game.

DLC just allows them to get a few extra bucks out of a game that's already finished. Oh... and most studio design DLC parallel to the main game. Hence DLC leaks like the recent XBL leak of Midnight Club: LA car additions/area addition.

However this isn't a horribly negative thing. Each bit of DLC that gets released ensures that someone is still looking at the performance of the game even after release (as DLC could cause any number of problems if there's a mistake in the code... just like a full game release).

So Publishers can't just release and ignore games like they're accustomed to doing. They'll have to start understanding how to troubleshoot effectively and actually fix problems with their games (like what the PC community has experienced for years).

Darkslide

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    People need to keep a couple things in mind.

Yes DLC is a way to squeeze more money out of a title. This has been the reasoning behind DLC from day one. Most companies could careless if you keep playing 1 particular game. In fact.. to the contrary they want you to tire of it eventually so you can buy the next game.

DLC just allows them to get a few extra bucks out of a game that's already finished. Oh... and most studio design DLC parallel to the main game. Hence DLC leaks like the recent XBL leak of Midnight Club: LA car additions/area addition.

However this isn't a horribly negative thing. Each bit of DLC that gets released ensures that someone is still looking at the performance of the game even after release (as DLC could cause any number of problems if there's a mistake in the code... just like a full game release).

So Publishers can't just release and ignore games like they're accustomed to doing. They'll have to start understanding how to troubleshoot effectively and actually fix problems with their games (like what the PC community has experienced for years).
    From one aspect that makes sense. They MAY catch something, but if something was wrong with the game, I would hope it wouldn't take the developers adding things to the game to find out. Something small that is easily missed or rare sure.

And I'm not sure, but I think you're confusing patches with DLC. Which are totally different.
    Last edited by Darkslide; 01-23-2009 at 09:30 AM.

tehwoot

ya saw that....pretty gay, lol