Thread: Lil Wayne's New Single

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kaneland14

About pac and nas, i'm only 15, so they were alittle before my time, but i do have a few songs with nas, letter to the king by the game off LAX and My President by Jeezy off the recession and i really do enjoy those verses and they each have a few good lines and from what ive heard of pac i dont think he was as much of a lyricist, he just expresses himself very well

What do you guys think about Notoriois B.I.G lyricist or good at expressing himself

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    "Couple of points here. Mixtape or not, that's a written track. If you believe that artists actually put their "B" material on mixtapes or that the majority of these artists Freestyles are really completely spontaneous then you're clearly fooled."

i never said it was a freestyle, i just said nas had a lot more time to write his (being that it was on an album) and weezy writes his mixtape shit (i said he writes it not freestyles off the top) in the studio right before he spits it. jay-z writes in his head (jay-z is the sickest lyricist ever, if you don't think that then there's no helping you).

and i also know that there's a difference between an off the top freestyle and a freestyle on a mixtape (which just means it hasn't been on a legit track yet).

and i understood everything nas said before you typed it out for me....it doesn't make it deep.

i bet you like a lot of backpack rap and shit like that am i right? atmosphere and that garbage? because you don't understand where i'm coming from at all and obviously can't hear what i and other fans hear in weezy.

*exit emmit

omg, i just saw that you quoted the "titties" line...HAHAHAHHAHA...damn, that's a corny line, sorry
    Backpacker Rap eh? You didn't even bother clicking the links that anyone else provided did you?

I completely understand that different people have different tastes. But something like lyrical prowess isn't something that's all that opinionated a topic. Either you're very technical with your words, or you're not. Wayne simply is not.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneland14 View Post
    About pac and nas, i'm only 15, so they were alittle before my time, but i do have a few songs with nas, letter to the king by the game off LAX and My President by Jeezy off the recession and i really do enjoy those verses and they each have a few good lines and from what ive heard of pac i dont think he was as much of a lyricist, he just expresses himself very well

What do you guys think about Notoriois B.I.G lyricist or good at expressing himself
    Big was always a lyricist first and foremost, though he was quite a storyteller as well. Especially when he portrayed himself as Frank White.