Thread: After Effects Ramping Help (I have ZERO knowledge)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    twixtor is dope. Is it better with 60 frames though?
    Indeed. Canon's source footy @60fps, can be tweaked to more than 500fps I think. There're so many good slow-mo vids out there that were made with 550D's and Twixtor, they can't be more fluid.

Well so far, after countless attempts at trying to get a friendly format to output correctly, I finally got some progress and was able to get one clip all good for rendering so far.
    The ramp itself isn't that great, but here it is.

I know the end of the clip speeds up a bit, which is another question I have.
    When I go to the 'graph editor' and start to fiddle with the speed and such, It causes the time line to do some whacky movements like a wave, all the way from the start of the clip and the end, even with the time remapping key frames.
    So I mess with it quite a bit and try to get both ends to go back to the 1.00 normal speed of the clip, but once I get the ramp all good, the end line is like .5 seconds faster and I can't level it out without affecting the ramp itself, what do I do?

and thanks for the help guys, means a lot.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 02-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Well so far, after countless attempts at trying to get a friendly format to output correctly, I finally got some progress and was able to get one clip all good for rendering so far.
    The ramp itself isn't that great, but here it is.

I know the end of the clip speeds up a bit, which is another question I have.
    When I go to the 'graph editor' and start to fiddle with the speed and such, It causes the time line to do some whacky movements like a wave, all the way from the start of the clip and the end, even with the time remapping key frames.
    So I mess with it quite a bit and try to get both ends to go back to the 1.00 normal speed of the clip, but once I get the ramp all good, the end line is like .5 seconds faster and I can't level it out without affecting the ramp itself, what do I do?

and thanks for the help guys, means a lot.
    Hold shift to make sure u lines are all right and dont go wacky so Click hold shift then move let go of click then shift! ('Click' as in on ur mouse)

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnn View Post
    Hold shift to make sure u lines are all right and dont go wacky so Click hold shift then move let go of click then shift! ('Click' as in on ur mouse)
    Thanks dude, I got what you meant by click the first time you said it, haha.
    I got my clips to look pretty good now, did about three ramps now and no whacky waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Indeed. Canon's source footy @60fps, can be tweaked to more than 500fps I think. There're so many good slow-mo vids out there that were made with 550D's and Twixtor, they can't be more fluid.
    I was justin thinking to Myself.

Twixtor n Skate 3 Capturing clips at 10% speed with HDPVR, then going to mess with that in twixtor you could get some really good looking clips with minimal distortion I would believe.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    I was justin thinking to Myself.

Twixtor n Skate 3 Capturing clips at 10% speed with HDPVR, then going to mess with that in twixtor you could get some really good looking clips with minimal distortion I would believe.

ding ding ding
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Yea