Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap of the Week?

That was the first one that I listened all the way through Antwan. There's some definite improvement.

That said, I think Chizzy just deaded this thread. On some of that based/swag (especially the vid! lol) and OFWGKTA (more the lyrics/delivery and beat) vibe. I am too much of an old hip hop dude to be really in touch with that whole scene, but this is better than a lot of the stuff I've heard. Better than Based God actually. lol You need beats??
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well they must sound pretty good by now
    a lot of people have said I improve whenever I post a new one
    but honestly, my raps are usually short..
    They can't be that bad.. at least I have a little sense of what I'm doing...
    If you can't waste a few seconds listening you shouldn't be posting in this topic. That's just what I think.
    I want this to be a positive thread,
    if you can't finish something tell me why saying that's the first thing you have ever finished
    is not helping and I see it as negative.. how can you expect music to just be what you want to hear without giving the artist helpful feedback?

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    They can't be that bad.. at least I have a little sense of what I'm doing...
    Debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    Debatable.
    Yep.

Here it is Antwan - rap is about cadence, and timing, and groove. Some people have it, some don't. You cannot rap man. You're falling off beat, cramming in too many syllables, etc. My constructive criticism is to stop. But I will take your advice and just stop listening all together.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

If you can't waste a few seconds listening you shouldn't be posting in this topic. That's just what I think.
    I did waste a few seconds, that's my point.
    ----------------------

XBL
    TheDietTea

Is that seriously your advice?
    Some people have it? What you're just born a rapper or you're not?
    Ha. I never spit the same way, every time is different.
    My lyrics are not in sync the whole time because I don't spend countless hours editing and auto tuning. Sue me. >in comparison to modern hip hop

I'm another perspective, and if you think I'm going to fall in line with the masses
    you're listening to the wrong person. I spit how I feel, and if that means I'm high pitched or I breathe when I think, it's happening.
    I'm pretty sure some of you guys have a grudge against me because of the way I view the world but to everyone their own. This is me. I am rapping.

I hate using forums more and more, I'm always misread everyone thinks I'm just this heated person who can't accept feedback..
    I'm just trying to help you guys see it how I see it, but I guess you never will.. I haven't been doing this very long it's obvious there will be screw ups but it's all background noise..
    People seem to say the same things like they are trying to mold me.. I'm just having fun.
    Think of my raps like a skate vid if needed, a lot of energy a bit different, learning flow, coming around.. if you can't do that I don't know what to tell you.
    Positivity out shines advice and negativity in every situation, it's how I live my life and it's going great. Maybe I'm rambling a bit but that's the just of it.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Is that seriously your advice?
    Some people have it? What you're just born a rapper or you're not?
    Ha. I never spit the same way, every time is different.
    My lyrics are not in sync the whole time because I don't spend countless hours editing and auto tuning. Sue me. >in comparison to modern hip hop

I'm another perspective, and if you think I'm going to fall in line with the masses
    you're listening to the wrong person. I spit how I feel, and if that means I'm high pitched or I breathe when I think, it's happening.
    I'm pretty sure some of you guys have a grudge against me because of the way I view the world but to everyone their own. This is me. I am rapping.

I hate using forums more and more, I'm always misread everyone thinks I'm just this heated person who can't accept feedback..
    I'm just trying to help you guys see it how I see it, but I guess you never will.. I haven't been doing this very long it's obvious there will be screw ups but it's all background noise..
    People seem to say the same things like they are trying to mold me.. I'm just having fun.
    Think of my raps like a skate vid if needed, a lot of energy a bit different, learning flow, coming around.. if you can't do that I don't know what to tell you.
    Positivity out shines advice and negativity in every situation, it's how I live my life and it's going great. Maybe I'm rambling a bit but that's the just of it.
    it's not that you're born with the ability to rap, but the ability to groove to a beat, and it's really hard to write with a good flow, much less freestyle, if you were brought up snapping on beats one and three. rhythm is just something that happens naturally.

also it's funny that you claim to be such a level-headed guy but get mad at every other post made about your or directed at you.

Banned

My lyrics are not in sync the whole time because I don't spend countless hours editing and auto tuning. Sue me.
    It's called having RHYTHM.

I bet you can't dance.

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    also it's funny that you claim to be such a level-headed guy but get mad at every other post made about your or directed at you.
    hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

You being out of sync has nothing to do with editing or anything production wise. Rhythm is a skill, like any skill some naturally have more than others, but you can work at it to improve. You have plenty of creativity, but what you are lacking in the flow/rhythm department is going to hold you back. Practice makes perfect, you are improving, far from good or great, but if you're having fun who cares, and if you improve along the way thats a bonus.

This isn't about "falling in line with the masses" or people against your "world view" at all, its about how you accept feedback and whats going on in your head...

XBL
    TheDietTea

Snail
    Of course I'm upset when I hear it's the first rap some one has finished of mine.. that's upsetting.
    I'm not a popular youtuber or anything but I get dislikes on every video, no one comments unless it's a real life skate vid.>I Only share videos here.. do the math.
    I'm very level headed, don't act like you know me. You know my persona, my reactions to people saying I need to quit trying.

Pawn
    I get that.. and that's all I'm after.. fun, possible progression.
    I brought up my view, perspective because certain people from the forums here Dislike everything I put out on my channel.
    I'm not going to mention names but it doesn't help.. I give out what I take in, I guess.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Snail
    Of course I'm upset when I hear it's the first rap some one has finished of mine.. that's upsetting.
    I'm not a popular youtuber or anything but I get dislikes on every video, no one comments unless it's a real life skate vid.>I Only share videos here.. do the math.
    I'm very level headed, don't act like you know me. You know my persona, my reactions to people saying I need to quit trying.

Pawn
    I get that.. and that's all I'm after.. fun, possible progression.
    I brought up my view, perspective because certain people from the forums here Dislike everything I put out on my channel.
    I'm not going to mention names but it doesn't help.. I give out what I take in, I guess.
    Why do you still share stuff if you don't like/care what people think? Isn't that the idea of sharing a video?

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    Why do you still share stuff if you don't like/care what people think? Isn't that the idea of sharing a video?
    Woot! Antwan 2012 - Still trolling you bitches like he was a Shrimp Boat Captain!
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

......Waiting for that knockout face palm, that's been on hiatus for too long bud.
    seriously needed Antwan.

Go back and read everything from this thread as if you never posted a Rap at all.

Read this thread as if you never even posted in here, and all your post's are someone else's.

Your on a high. Its like a person from American Idol singing(terribly), yet they think they are the next best thing(hypothetically). As most people said you have improved, but your improvement has no clear indication that your better than the last recording. You might have been able to stick to delivering those lyrics as you had hoped, but still doesnt mean that you've hit a flowing rhythm, And if your fine with what your final product sounds like when you Upload, well then Its clear as day as to what you think. Dont Hate on peoples opinions cause......Opinions are for assholes, everyone has one.
    Take what you get and run with it, if someone can give your their input(Negative or Positive), use it to your advantage.

Some new tracks.

Look in the Mirror (Cizzle ft Prhyme)

hook is a work in progress.

Cizzle Cypher pt 2.

XBL
    replicant#2618

I liked Mirror the best. Only issues I had honestly was the intro being 1m
    of a dead loop got old and it needed a better break (like the banter in pt 2)
    between you guys. Nice production overall.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    I liked Mirror the best. Only issues I had honestly was the intro being 1m
    of a dead loop got old and it needed a better break (like the banter in pt 2)
    between you guys. Nice production overall.
    yeah the hook goes in at the beginning as well. just need more time to work on the track.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    yeah the hook goes in at the beginning as well. just need more time to work on the track.
    Sounds like a plan to me.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

A lot more coming, to much random stuff needs to GO

Blazing a Trail

I Only share videos here..
    you should share your videos at a hip hop forum rather then just here...

also why you say opions are for assholes but in the post below you are dogging a guys sig

http://www.rune-server.org/413058-post7.html

XBL
    TheDietTea

Wow.. Years since ive seen that thread. Why would you google my name? Go do something else with your time man.. Shits pathetic.

----------------------

lets start diss tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6oNthp1fk

lol diss tracks would be a change of pace. Antwan would be so mad tho.

Blazing a Trail

Lol diss tracks would be funny

may end up using "milk the cow" beat for it

edit: and saunders, im feelin your new shit man. youve improved a bunch
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-10-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: reason? what?

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post

may end up using "milk the cow" beat for it

edit: and saunders, im feelin your new shit man. youve improved a bunch
    Lovin the lyrics man. Good thing you didn't post Milli. Thats a thread ender, still legitimately my fav rap.

thanks pawn. a lot of references in it as per usual

EB Yes! being frank here at first I was laughin a bit, didnt expect you to post a rap...totally wrong, after a bit the beat had me bobbin my head, listened once. twice, third time cause these lyrics. definitely dope EB. Got some crazy schemes.
    what was that instrumental SEND ME A LINK ASAP i wanna hit it up.

thanks saunders. ppreciate it. im feelin your new shit. good deklivery and flow. and that instrumental is roscoe p coldchain "hot" produced by the neptunes

lets get this thread poppin
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-11-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Mr Brown I started a thread for your Fluckit collab track idea... I am so down.
    ----------------------

EB is that Blair Fucking Warner?
    If so then:
    "you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have the....."

Always cool hearing your shit
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

haha, thanks B. Yessir its Blair!

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

still slacking >_>

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Yes andreas! Glad to see you doing it again. Seemed really relaxed in this one.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Thanks mango. I've been writing a lot but I just haven't really been recording them. I've been trying to find someone to do a split track on common's 6th sense with me but all my buds are slackers. (desperate attempt to get someone on here to go with me)

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

also, just stumbled upon this kid. He has really clean tracks. check him out fellow rapperdudes. http://soundcloud.com/shnackmusic/tracks

ignore this post

Default new rap

http://soundcloud.com/rival-minds/pockets-feat-prhyme Take a listen to the new track fellas.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

honestly I didn't really like the other dudes. They just don't really match your flow. Yours is quick and punchy and they're just sleepy.

ignore this post

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    honestly I didn't really like the other dudes. They just don't really match your flow. Yours is quick and punchy and they're just sleepy.
    They both delivered their bars faster lol. You do realize I'm the first guy?