Thread: Bf3<>mw3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

lol cross platform xbox/ps3 with pc will just be messed up. like madder said, "keyboard and mouse which equals BETTER REACTION TIME, BETTER ACCURACY", so the xbox/ps3 dudes are gonna get fucked in the browneye if that ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    lol cross platform xbox/ps3 with pc will just be messed up. like madder said, "keyboard and mouse which equals BETTER REACTION TIME, BETTER ACCURACY", so the xbox/ps3 dudes are gonna get fucked in the browneye if that ever happens
    If I'm not completely wrong, that's the way they plan on doing CS:GO (replicant? you know some details?) and my K/D's going up up and awaaaayyyyy!

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    If I'm not completely wrong, that's the way they plan on doing CS:GO (replicant? you know some details?) and my K/D's going up up and awaaaayyyyy!
    Right now CS:GO is definitely PC/Mac/PS3 and under testing (PS3 has option of KB/Mouse, Pad Controller, or Move Controller o_O!). The Xbox 360 version (Controller Only, but hints at Kinect Support) is under testing now, but they are having issues with Microsoft because Valve wants X360 people to use Steamworks for crossplatform play and MS is against this. Hosting will be a bit odd as "Casual" games will be player hosted and "Competitive" games will be Valve hosted.

Stuff I dig: Solo and 5 man Ladders (/drool), smaller models/hit boxes than CS:S, no iron sights, Defuse/Hostage Maps as always, and 1.6 Flash Bangs. Decoy Grenades that when tossed blow up and sound like your team fighting in a different spot sound pretty tits to me.
    Things not sure about: Kevlar Vest, Helm, and Ammo are *FREE* each round, Forced DX9, all weapons "rebalanced", money system changed, new weapon/equip prices, No SourceTV currently...
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Hmm BF3 n MW3 are two very different experiences, COD always feels like paint ball with bullets, even the maps don't seem natural. . . and if I'm playing TDM, even if our team win I'm not happy unless I'm at the top of the leader board, I usually play FFA as I don't really like relying on campers. Infact I hate campers, there's should be a kick up the arse option if you're team mates are doing it. (I haven't actually played MW3 yet but from all accounts I've heard it's basically MW 2.5)

As with BF3, I am really enjoying this game, I've finally found a nice set up I like and I'm also tryna unlock some more stuff in engineer class. Even something as simple as shooting someone across the street in Grand Bazaar feels like an achievement and more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's not perfect and sometimes you get some annoying team mates (in one game on rush in OM we were the attacking team and 3 of our team mates were way back in the spawn area with sniper rifles. . . WTF?)

I wanna get MW3 eventually, mainly for the campaign but I'm having too much fun with BF3 atm.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Anyone who has any tips on how I can prevent my savegame from getting corrupted? That shit happened to me today, I had played like 7-8 missions and now I gotta do that shit again.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    Anyone who has any tips on how I can prevent my savegame from getting corrupted? That shit happened to me today, I had played like 7-8 missions and now I gotta do that shit again.
    The most common thing is delete install and clear cache.
    Then you have to be very careful when you save and when you dashboard.
    Never dashboard mid-game and when you save give it a little more time than normal befor elogging off.
    Some suggest saving and dashboarding out of the game before turning the machine off.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_Williams View Post
    Hmm BF3 n MW3 are two very different experiences, COD always feels like paint ball with bullets, even the maps don't seem natural. . . and if I'm playing TDM, even if our team win I'm not happy unless I'm at the top of the leader board, I usually play FFA as I don't really like relying on campers. Infact I hate campers, there's should be a kick up the arse option if you're team mates are doing it. (I haven't actually played MW3 yet but from all accounts I've heard it's basically MW 2.5)

As with BF3, I am really enjoying this game, I've finally found a nice set up I like and I'm also tryna unlock some more stuff in engineer class. Even something as simple as shooting someone across the street in Grand Bazaar feels like an achievement and more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's not perfect and sometimes you get some annoying team mates (in one game on rush in OM we were the attacking team and 3 of our team mates were way back in the spawn area with sniper rifles. . . WTF?)

I wanna get MW3 eventually, mainly for the campaign but I'm having too much fun with BF3 atm.
    My feelings exactly. Been having a lot of fun with bf3, and tbh I don't feel like mw3 is worth $60. Seems rehashed as shit. Campaign is prob the only thing that still makes me want to buy it..

Right then, I rented MW3 on weds enjoying the campaign so far (I dont really follow the cinematics tbh, and still only on 3rd mission lol). . . but the multiplayer. . . hmmmm

Now normally when people go on about hit detection and all that I brush it off, I found Blops and MW2 fine, but this is something else, Usually I'm not so pedantic to bring up little issues but when it starts to effect the outcome of a game then I'll voice a concern.
    Howcome half the time it takes them one bullet to kill me and takes me a loads to kill them? Also the lag is a pain in the arse, I find myself shooting at people for them to survive and then fire back at me, watch it back on killcam and it shows I didn't even get a shot off? I know for sure I did.

Also it feels alittle too much like hardcore, there's no stand off like before where you'd have a split second to get your shots in even if ur enemy sees you first, it's just bang dead
    The spawns are also a bit fucked too (always wanted to appear right in the line of fire) . . . Those are my main concerns.
    The maps I find very bland, and not very well thought out, just a clutterfuck really, are we all gonna have to download expension packs now to make the game more interesting?.

I'm starting to think a 2 year release is too much for COD now, prehaps 3/4 years would have been better, but then again I guess everyone was getting bored of blops already.

I don't dislike the game, I just don't find it very overwhelming, for king of the FPS, I really think IW, Sledgehammer and Activision coulda offered a fixed game for the price they're selling it.

I'm not gonna harp on about how it feels too much like MW2 because to be honest I don't expect anything different from them, and even though alot of people aren't happy about it because it still feels the same I'll stick my neck out and say those are the same people who'd complain if they did implement changes, albeit for the better. All I want to see from them is abit more heart into the product, rather than re-jiggin perks, kill streaks weapons.
    Last edited by Ruben_Williams; 11-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

First Person Shooters started arcade slowly became realistic
    Call of duty has always been somewhere in between in my opinion
    so honestly expecting something more realistic, is your own fault..
    over hype is what bums gamers..
    Not the Development teams that make the games, and not the company that backs them with funding.
    The players bum themselves.. simply put.. This is Xbox 360 guys.. with a franchise like call of duty they don't want to over do it
    they know the xbox has limits, look at gameplay from skyrim, RAGE and other new games that were a little ahead.. <and vice versa with ps3..
    ps3 sometimes has the slightly crisper versions, or so I've heard but that's beside my thoughts.

If you want to be a critic throw this into your scoring.. fun factor..
    that's all that should matter.. people on the sidelines like this, don't matter with the big numbers.
    I'm just thinking "out loud" here..
    How many thousands of Players that dislike MW3 like BF3 and left some kinda of remark somewhere online?
    AND In result.. MW3 Still sold well, did it not?

Personally I haven't even played either yet.. I'm just observing.