Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
Wow. Fuck yes dude, thanks a lot for this! At first I was just debating on the t2i and the 7D because that's what some of my friends use and those are the ones I could've got more info from, but since you've mentioned the 60d, then I'll look into it too. And people I know that are into photography told me kinda the same thing you just said about lenses lol They told me that a pretty big percentage of the quality in a picture is mainly due to the lens, and the rest is from the quality of the camera itself and stuff. I don't know if this is true, but whatever haha.

The main reason I was looking into t2i was because as I was watching skate videos on youtube, and some dude had an amazing quality and asked him what camera he uses, and he said he was using the t2i with some lens I can't remember. I was considering the 7D because of it's fps and other features that were better than the t2i. I'll have to look more into the 60d though, because I want a camera that can shoot decent photos and also film HD.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the advice and everything dude, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider the 60d and that 50mm prime lens w/ 1.8 fstop haha

yeah, the t2i, 60d, and 7d all have the same sensors and the same fps settings. But as far as all the other settings the t2i is lacking. But I've seen some amazing videos shot on the t2i, so it's all about working with what you got. The main difference that I know of between the 60d and 7d is that the 7d has a faster motor for shooting photo sequences. The 7d can do 7 frames a second where the 60d can shoot 5. And the 7d body stronger and more weather proof, but the 60d is still pretty rugged compared to the plastic t2i. The main sell for me with the 60d was the flipscreen (and that it was $600 cheaper then the 7d). Now that I'm used to it's flip screen, I don't know how I'd live without it. There is also a new Rebel3 Canon that has a flipscreen, but it's still a pretty cheap camera aside from that.

Just whatever you do DON'T BUY THE KIT LENS! I can't stress that enough.