Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
What companion have you guys gone with? Or are you just playing it solo?

Give any unique names to your personal weapons? I got a 10mm with explosive rounds that I beefed up and call 'Boomer.'
Going solo, not even dogmeat. I'm playing sneaky sneaky and companions tend to mess that up completely.
5.3x ranged sneak attacks without breaking stealth is so full of win.
That playstyle also makes combat a lot more tactical, which I like.

I usually prefix my upgraded weapon names with a * so they're stacked first in the list.. no creative names unfortunately.
It's also possible to use limited html tags like <li> <i> etc in weapon names (the tags don't have to be closed)

Pro tip: Get weapons that use the same perk but different ammo, so you can use more abundant .45 or even .38 for weak raiders without wasting your good ammo.
I'm carrying an assortment of silenced pistols (10mm, .45, .50) plus a .44 for crit one-shotting big bads and a maxed legendary institute pistol for when my stealth is blown (got like 3k cells).
Yes, you can make a scoped, silenced .50 pistol!
If you're using VATS and pistols, the PPK you get from the first Railroad mission is godly. I can empty a 16-round clip in one AP bar, and upgraded it has a 96 damage rating with 4 perk stars... so yeah..