Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how the fuck do you do a pressure flip? like im cumpletely serious. i feel very insecure that i am unable to do this old school type trick
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    how the fuck do you do a pressure flip? like im cumpletely serious. i feel very insecure that i am unable to do this old school type trick
    Haha are you desperate enough to take tips from tony hawk?
    I used to be into watching the trick tip videos heavy when I was starting out.
    They help, but it's really up to the rider to understand and learn how it feels.
    Learning any new trick has always reminded me of muscle memory, get it, keep it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCe6guSOOM
    There are a lot of people out there that don't know what tricks are really named.
    If this is the trick you're talking about in this video..
    It's not a shuv, and it's not entirely vertical either.
    You can assume a couple things already.. Scooping under, find the perfect area to bring it around.
    It's awkward.. this is what I know from learning no comply vertical flips, once in a while I'd get a pressure looking flip.
    You might even start there, pop a foot down, scoop, see what the board does, work up to two feet.
    Depends on the rider, so advice is really just a basis.
    Good luck, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Haha are you desperate enough to take tips from tony hawk?
    I used to be into watching the trick tip videos heavy when I was starting out.
    They help, but it's really up to the rider to understand and learn how it feels.
    Learning any new trick has always reminded me of muscle memory, get it, keep it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCe6guSOOM
    There are a lot of people out there that don't know what tricks are really named.
    If this is the trick you're talking about in this video..
    It's not a shuv, and it's not entirely vertical either.
    You can assume a couple things already.. Scooping under, find the perfect area to bring it around.
    It's awkward.. this is what I know from learning no comply vertical flips, once in a while I'd get a pressure looking flip.
    You might even start there, pop a foot down, scoop, see what the board does, work up to two feet.
    Depends on the rider, so advice is really just a basis.
    Good luck, have fun.

thanks pawn, i honestly have the pressure and right amount muscle memory to do it, but i just cant get the board to execute the trick in the way i want. im not sure if its because of my trucks (ride loose af) or if its just the way in which im doing the trick. just want to do one in a game of skate so i can get letter to be completely honest lol. its such a fucked up thing to do but i just tire of the same basics
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    thanks pawn, i honestly have the pressure and right amount muscle memory to do it, but i just cant get the board to execute the trick in the way i want. im not sure if its because of my trucks (ride loose af) or if its just the way in which im doing the trick. just want to do one in a game of skate so i can get letter to be completely honest lol. its such a fucked up thing to do but i just tire of the same basics
    its your trucks. I ride my trucks extremely loose, jiggle and all. i can do impossibles and i know pressure flips are pretty much an impossible you let go of prematurely. ive tried them on boards with tighter trucks and i get close to them
    STREET
    BEERZ

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho Lord View Post
    its your trucks. I ride my trucks extremely loose, jiggle and all. i can do impossibles and i know pressure flips are pretty much an impossible you let go of prematurely. ive tried them on boards with tighter trucks and i get close to them
    thats what im thinking, like the actually "pressure" isnt there when i go to do the trick because most of it has een distributed already via the turning of the truck. likea rubber band effect sorta. I could tighten my back trucks more but i have bones blue bushings already in so it doesnt really do much lol. I guess ill just have to stick with pressure ollies...if thats even a thing?
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

No new tricks, I barely skate anymore. The few times that I have skated lately I've been amazed at the tricks that I can still pull off consistently somehow. I've come to terms that I've peaked as a skateboarder and it's still fun skating every once in a while when I have the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCOU6ExLl0

finally got my hardflips back.
    I need to get a flatbar up there ASAP!

pressure flips are my go too.
    I always had my friend kill em until he stopped skating, I always tried until I figured it out.
    Its all in the back foot and that toe.
    Last edited by saunders420; 06-21-2014 at 08:13 PM.