Thread: Kony 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This thread is sad. I'm out.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Blazing a Trail

I'm on my couch, tweeting from my macbook, like a motherfucking humanitarian.

Uganda ? where's Uganda ?

Oh and China is taking care of Africa, so it's all good
    Last edited by Slamooh; 03-09-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Just weighing in here, but Joseph Kony has not been in Uganda for over eight years. Invisible Children are preying on the ignorance of the uninformed for their own benefit. Quit sharing the video, quit donating, and do some research first.

The Netherlands have had their military searching for Kony (outside of Uganda) since 2008 if I'm remembering correctly. The U.S. already has 100 troops aiding Netherlands in their search for him (outside of Uganda) and this whole Invisible Children thing is such a ploy for Invisible Children to gain more profit. Only 32% of their earnings went to charity last year, the rest went on their rent in San Diego, film making, and a bunch of other selfish shit.
    Wish I could thumbs up your comment.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Just weighing in here, but Joseph Kony has not been in Uganda for over eight years. Invisible Children are preying on the ignorance of the uninformed for their own benefit. Quit sharing the video, quit donating, and do some research first.

The Netherlands have had their military searching for Kony (outside of Uganda) since 2008 if I'm remembering correctly. The U.S. already has 100 troops aiding Netherlands in their search for him (outside of Uganda) and this whole Invisible Children thing is such a ploy for Invisible Children to gain more profit. Only 32% of their earnings went to charity last year, the rest went on their rent in San Diego, film making, and a bunch of other selfish shit.
    It clearly says in the video that kony has left uganda and moved on. The only ones ignorant are the ones who act like they've seen the video but have not. 32 percent of a charities earnings going directly to benefit the children is a bad thing? Check many other large charities. You will find a very similar percentage. Please, don't act like you know what you're talking about.

ALYKCRU REPRESENT

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Thank you Andreas.

This campaign will educate a lot of people who might have otherwise NEVER even thought about atrocities happening in Africa. That in itself is something to be celebrated.

These people have spent a large portion of their lives trying to raise awareness about this. Are you surprised that they're spending money on making films?

If you don't like what they're doing, then don't get involved... but to hate on it and try to convince people NOT to get involved seems incredibly selfish. Especially if you're not offering an alternative, better way of getting involved.

I mean, basically this whole campaign is about raising awareness through celebrities, and writing/calling/talking to politicians so they know that people ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THESE ISSUES. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

Honestly. This world is so sad. You try to help... and people complain you're not helping the right way. Then they spend time tearing you down rather than doing some building of their own.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

I think the real enemy here is religion. Without it, none of this would be happening.
    That right there ^

Done.

Kony is just another scapegoat for some preposterous scam imo. watch out for disinfo and know your facts.

This Kony scenario is a perfect example of sheeple. very unfortunate to watch the masses do something for the greater good, yet be blinded for what may lie in the truth.

If I were to keep going on Id be going into some conspiracy direction...so IM stopping now
    Last edited by saunders420; 03-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

ayo fuck invisible children
    basically what stoked said
    campaigning on the internet never solved anything

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

errybody mad. I say this. GOD IS DEAD SHAVE YOUR HEAD.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    Monkadelic

they had the right idea making this video viral; because the real problem is the US government nor NATO will not do anything about the real shit going on in the world unless that country is sitting on a natural commodity/gold mine. It is going to take videos like this to wake ppl up from the mass media blindfold and actually write their congressmen and others to react to the non-petrol disturbances across this planet that outweighs any price of gas that is obviously legally gouged through fake legislation and profits for all. Robert Mugabe has been a threat for a long time- as was Kim Jong Il up until he died; and we did nothing about those repressions. Now we are passively waiting for the fat kid in north korea to eat himself to death instead with the same rationale of the drugs/guns from the south border direct to us, " theyll just OD or kill themselves so they will weed themselves out eventually....that is all good in theory but how many innocent ppl have to get massacred for idealism to become reality. It wont. If the government cant even handle the so called " war on drugs" they have funded themselves for the past 30 years; they sure as hell cant handle the "war on terrorism" they have funded for the past 10.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    This thread is sad. I'm out.
    you're not out.

what people contribute to in their private lives without making a show of it on the internet is what matters. making a joke on a fake skateboarding forum is not.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?