Quote Originally Posted by iamjoshk View Post
Remastering maps takes a lottttt of work and maps of those size take a long time as well just due to them being one giant continuation unlike skate 3 which broke it down to three smaller maps which they did to cut costs or that’s what Cuz was telling people, but that dude got fired so who knows hahah. All I know is I hope they focus on what skate was built on not what skate 3 was built on.
Skate 3 was broken up into 3 parts with different teams in the office working on each section. So someone working on the Industrial section, didn't have much say in the overall design in the Downtown section. That's how they have a different aesthetic.
Cuz never got fired. He quit because everyone knew the Blackbox team was disbanding after Skate 3, and he found another game studio to work at.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post

A lot of us have racked our brains trying to think of ways that people would spend money in-game. The problem with buying decks and clothes is that ultimately, EA is licensing those brands and it costs EA money to do that so the profit-margin is minimal. I think that's why that didn't work.
EA never paid to license the brands in the game. It was basically a handshake deal acknowledging that by putting the brands in the game for free, the skate companies are getting a lot of free exposure. That's why you don't see Skull Skates in the game. Some of the producers wanted Skull in the game, but Skull said "F U. If you want my brand, pay me." And so they didn't pay.
Anyway, I'm still crossing my finger that 4 is in development, or we get a 1-3 remaster pack.