Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post

why i dont bomb hills anymore
    What idiot takes the bushings out of their trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Might sound lame but my first board I got when me and my friends were like 8 or 10, we used to start out doing coffins down the big hill near us, then we'd sit on it. Then for awhile we'd kneel on it and go down (so deadly and unbalanced) lol and finally we started standing and bombing hills, on those old crappy wal-mart type decks, it was gnarly. Fell down a lot but thats before I even knew what skateboarding really was, just shredding hills, don't do it anymore though, I value my life more now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    Daewon rides for Tensor. Tensors are designed to not turn. Daewon likes turning. Daewon removes the bushing so he can turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    what idiot bombs down hills on a skinny board with wheels?
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    TheDietTea

I never did speed checks.. I was younger. Usually I would hall ass and jump into the grass and roll.
    The Closest thing to a speed check was a ruined shoe.
    Speed wobbles only happened once or twice but it was shitty haha I remember the feeling after falling, everything spinning.
    I don't think I would bomb a hill again.. New Mindset for skating for sure.
    I used to do all kinds of stupid shit.. Holding manuals at nearly 10 mph or so it felt..
    I remember it being pretty damn easy to balance.. but a rock, something distracting.. I would've been so fucked.
    Really only remember one time I bombed a hill with friends.. There was one long ass road mellow as fuck
    but we would carve it for so much speed.. Probably something like a 20 minute skate just cruising down this hill.. traffic was pretty minimal but you still had to watch that shit.
    Learned my lesson about open roads the hard way.
    I've never shared this before, But I think it's about time.
    The Article Is cut off due to it being an older date, but you get the picture.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...6300018/-1/rss
    I'm not saying don't bomb hills do whatever you want..
    Into traffic, Something is going to happen sooner or later. I take no more chances.
    The Recovery was not even worth it.. It changed me completely.
    Lost Short Term Memory for a few years, Had to relearn to walk..
    Emotional stress from no where, eating shit through tubes.
    It's sketchy.. But I guess that's what Hill Bombing is.
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-25-2012 at 03:28 PM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I used to do all kinds of stupid shit.. Holding manuals at nearly 10 mph or so it felt..
    I remember it being pretty damn easy to balance.. but a rock, something distracting.. I would've been so fucked.
    yeah i hear that haha

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I never did speed checks.. I was younger. Usually I would hall ass and jump into the grass and roll.
    The Closest thing to a speed check was a ruined shoe.
    Speed wobbles only happened once or twice but it was shitty haha I remember the feeling after falling, everything spinning.
    I don't think I would bomb a hill again.. New Mindset for skating for sure.
    Really only remember one time I bombed a hill with friends.. There was one long ass road mellow as fuck
    but we would carve it for so much speed.. Probably something like a 20 minute skate just cruising down this hill.. traffic was pretty minimal but you still had to watch that shit.
    Learned my lesson about open roads the hard way.
    I've never shared this before, But I think it's about time.
    The Article Is cut off due to it being an older date, but you get the picture.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...6300018/-1/rss
    I'm not saying don't bomb hills do whatever you want..
    Into traffic, Something is going to happen sooner or later. I take no more chances.
    The Recovery was not even worth it.. It changed me completely.
    Lost Short Term Memory for a few years, Had to relearn to walk..
    Emotional stress from no where, eating shit through tubes.
    It's sketchy.. But I guess that's what Hill Bombing is.
    I have promised myself before I even started to never bomb live roads. Luckily there are many concrete hills on campus that are NOT roads.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah Pawn I remember both of those videos from a while back.
    That shit's still pretty gnarly. How many parking spaces was it again?
    I think I would go like 20 max riding straight aways I wasn't getting pulled by a car though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I have promised myself before I even started to never bomb live roads. Luckily there are many concrete hills on campus that are NOT roads.
    Well that's good.. Maybe it'll make some other people think twice about getting gnarly without thinking.
    That's my only reason for sharing really.. Do what you want, just don't want to do it without.. thinking haha.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

When i was in school (which was on a hill) we used to bomb it everyday, cause it was way faster than taking the bus, and it was way more fun. But also a lot of shit happened on that downhill like the following:

- broken kingpin (front truck) at highspeed
    - too fast, pop to low... try to ollie a sidewalk and hang up with the back truck
    - car coming out of a garage while i was speeding there, hippyjumped over the hood of the car, of course i landed on my face instead of my board
    - whobbling trucks because of loose trucks, got out of control to eat dirt (several times)

it was a fun time, though <3
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST