Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Was this kind of what you're aiming for?

The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.

The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Was this kind of what you're aiming for?

The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.

The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.
    Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it
    create it and skate it !

Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it
    the top pic is dead on for what i want
    create it and skate it !

did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?
    create it and skate it !

Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.

ohmidin...

yes yes and hella lot more yes...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Anybody down for a little spot remake? Bank to Ledge in Tarzana, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1ox...eature=related - 6 Minutes in. I gave it ago myself but I'm not good at making parks and I mostly ended up shooting over the ledge!

Quote Originally Posted by OGBMX420 View Post
    did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?
    Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmidineffect View Post
    Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.
    The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?

The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.
    i got it now i was having problems trying to get it that pefect height , ( u can also use the cat walk peice as a pad)
    create it and skate it !

Blazing a Trail

Tempting idea with the props but I'm not about to risk an entire park for a few extra spots, I must say, epic work Briden, mad skills.

Shame it's yet another potential glitch, if it was stable i'd be on it like a dog in heat.

Peace