Thread: C.A.P. killed creativity.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Even if I spend two weeks trying to get a fakie frontside blunt inward heel popless with a clean roll away I know that I'm just biting Demzilla's already flawless trick on Skatehead's wildly inventive White Rabbit Hubba. I'm still putting that shit in as my ender because it took me two weeks, but it's art layered on top of art imitating art and you better know that I'm not letting Mountain Dew tell me what kind of socks I'm wearing.
    hahahah I randomly lurked this thread and had to comment on Jack's post. Dude you are fucking hilarious.

Also. I am fucking stoked to see that people are still into skate enough to carry on arguments about it.

I tend to think about my fakeskating the way Jest does... I'm just looking to have fun and make things aesthetically pleasing. Difficulty isn't of high importance to me, but I respect those who make it their ultimate goal. So I don't feel bad about using a CAP to film a trick. Because if I think it looks good, I'm going to film it. It's that simple to me. I don't get too caught up in much else. Maybe that's why not many people watch my vids, but really... who cares?

I think saying that CAP kills creativity is a bit of a stretch. It changed it, for sure. For the better or worse? That's way too subjective.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    Difficulty isn't of high importance to me, but I respect those who make it their ultimate goal. So I don't feel bad about using a CAP to film a trick. Because if I think it looks good, I'm going to film it. It's that simple to me. I don't get too caught up in much else. Maybe that's why not many people watch my vids, but really... who cares?
    That is my exact mindset. And you expressed it way better than I did so kudos and thanks for that!
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

XBL
    TheDietTea

Marco I was just adding to my other post..
    Someone thinks PC Is badly sized so they go and make create a parks all day
    rather than thinking a little differently
    I'll just keep out of this one as it's so hard to grasp what I'm saying.

yes i deleted a bunch of shit...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    its fine man. you make strong points most of the time... and its over looked... unfortunately ...

i did understand you with that comment though. now i do. sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    No I definitely understand you Antwan. It has changed the way people try to find and hit new spots in the city. That is for sure. And for the people who really approached the game from that angle, I can see how the addition of CAP has meant that, because some people choose to create spots, less people are hunting spots and appreciating the spot hunters.
    I also understand the complaints about how most CAP are still just rails/banks/ledges/minis on repeat.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

jest...

"but to think that they have any degree of control over the people they sponsor aside from public appearances and advertising, then you're completely mistaken"

dude..
    with the word "aside" you just agreed...
    thats exactly what jack is talking about....

more importantly....
    your opinion isnt gonna change jacks...
    jacks opinion isnt gonna change yours...

get off it...

to everyone bitching back and forth like this is some pissing contest....

its an opinion...
    everyone has one...
    to pull your dick out and act like yours is bigger or better than someone elses its stupid ignorant is frankly quite childish...

have a conversation...
    ask question....
    put your dicks back in your pants....

im sick of this shit on fluckit...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    jest...

"but to think that they have any degree of control over the people they sponsor aside from public appearances and advertising, then you're completely mistaken"

dude..
    with the word "aside" you just agreed...
    thats exactly what jack is talking about....
    There's a huge difference between being in a Commercial or showing up for an autograph signing and "Being told what socks to put on every morning."

Otherwise, everyone everywhere who has a job is guilty of the same thing.. are they not? Yet no one talks about the average working man in a negative light for going where his boss tells him to go. Fufilling the obligations set forth by his job.

Furthermore I'm not trying to change his opinion. I just told him that his impression of that specific person is wrong and to consider that these are real people who have real friends. And I do not feel like I'm in the wrong for defending my friend anymore than you feel in the wrong for "defending fluckit."
    Last edited by jest118; 06-19-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Iplayuno.