Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    I wish I could find the time to skate, or even the motivation. I didn't always really like skating alone, but with work and school at the same time, it blows lol hardly any free time, and when I do have free time, I just chill with friends or whatever... I can't wait to find the time to skate. And right now, with fkn winter coming up, I won't be able to skate for the next 4-5 months...
    Just gotta do it man.. that motivation will drive you through it if you let it.. Surround yourself with only skaters once a week obviously don't ditch on plans but plan ahead.. maybe even more than once a week after you get warmed up.

I usually have to walk like 8 blocks everyday here in NY just to skate but that motivation keeps me pushing..
    I've gained my stanima back and working on even more of it.. skating full days when I can.
    to my surprise people are digging this stuff I guess that's why I assumed a little taste was ok for my teaser.. but it's all good. Having people cheer you on for your obscurities is awesome.. People that don't skate and skaters alike.. can't stress how great the atmosphere for skating is here.

Conquered some steep ass banks today.. upping my confidence.. got another caveman tail slide today fingerflip out.. busted ass but I've never felt better.. got them dialed on flat ledges and working on hubbas.

Still working on halfpipe manuevers trying to get the manual up board tap piv manual back down just keep slipping up so three parts to it I would say..
    1.Manual up
    2.Board tap side of halfpipe from manual
    3.slight pivot manual down.. keep slipping up.. the halfpipe is steep but not incredibly I mean I can get the first two parts.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Just gotta do it man.. that motivation will drive you through it if you let it.. Surround yourself with only skaters once a week obviously don't ditch on plans but plan ahead.. maybe even more than once a week after you get warmed up.

I usually have to walk like 8 blocks everyday here in NY just to skate but that motivation keeps me pushing..
    I've gained my stanima back and working on even more of it.. skating full days when I can.
    to my surprise people are digging this stuff I guess that's why I assumed a little taste was ok for my teaser.. but it's all good. Having people cheer you on for your obscurities is awesome.. People that don't skate and skaters alike.. can't stress how great the atmosphere for skating is here.
    There's nothing good or even skate-able really within a pretty big radius. I have to take a buses/metros to get to something decent. A place I used to go often is like 45 minutes away by bus, so it's definitely a bitch to waste so much time travailing. I don't know many people that skate around where I live anymore as well, so it's that much harder to skate with friends. Honestly, if it was just 8 blocks away, I would walk/skate that shit anytime

I've been to NY before though, and it does look like an amazing place to skate, I envy you for that

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah I guess man.. if you don't just enjoy cruising you might just take that trip when you can if you want to..
    you sound like you want to but you won't give in.. no changing who you are!

I've been messing with front foot bonks planting the back foot
    Thinking about taking it to walls and into manuals.. rainy today however so just thoughts of this.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

well the thing is, if I have someone I know who's down to skate, I'm ready to travel if I can easily get there by bus/metro/train lol but nearly everyone I know stopped skating, and only a few still keep at it, but we don't have the same schedule really so it's hard to skate. I'll hopefully be more into it when spring comes around, since canadian winters are harsh as fuck lol snow for the next 4-6 months... I'll be skating (or try to) once a week at an indoor park, but doing that could become expensive in the long run. 15$/4hr session (approx.), but I'm still ready to do that haha