Jest, right on dude. I love a good debate when it's not filled with "your stupid for your opinion" or " here, look at this video of some random guy it explains everything and I believe it to a T"
I didn't read everything you said YET. But seems you listed facts and thought about your words.

As far as your reply to my comment. The government may withhold info and twist details, but for something of this magnitude there would be far to many crumbs in a trail to clean up. It just (in my opinion) doesn't seem possible to pull off something like this. Government officials are people too, and a majority of them have good hearts and earn there way through elections by proving so. It's not like they are groomed from birth to be evil dictators or cloked in secret societies brain washed to control situations for there societies own good. Maybe this description fits some of the government, but it would be not nearly enough manpower to pull this off, and hide it from the ones that weren't.
As far as the news goes, yes they scare us with scare tactics but the scare tactics are what we the people tune into. It's funny how everyone says this argument. If you had a study with different news channels, half showing a guy saying truths about whatever major situation was going on (a scientist or professor with no agenda) the other channel with disturbing video narrated by some no it all saying how bad it's gonna get. I can assure you which station would keep the attention of the viewers. Hell have the same video just dif narators, same outcome. Not that I think there isn't some truth to the major networks being told what to put on at times, but we are just as much if not more to blame.
And working with the enemy? I just don't buy it in this situation. It's not like we supplied them arms to help them fight someone else like we have in the past. A operation like this would have been to delicate, total control of any persons involved would of been the only option for success. There are just to many holes that could leak.