Thread: EA Skate Speculation Leading into to E3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Minglin'
    XBL
    The Susans

After in n out told me and the spectrum guys everything that went down between the transition of skate 2/3 I don’t think skate 4 will happen and if it does it will be farther away from the original skate than skate 3 since majority of their demographic of sales is starting to come from kids who don’t skate and do that stupid trick line trash. I do believe I remaster is in the works, but I think it will just be a s3 remaster for the next gen consoles with maybe dlc.

Best case scenario they remaster skate one with skate 3 filming and you can get off your board. That’d be the best.

remaster skate 3 with the skate 1 and 2 maps included whether it be dlc or not it would be cool. i think that's what they'll do to be honest as well josh.
    sorry

Minglin'
    XBL
    The Susans

Quote Originally Posted by My Elementality View Post
    remaster skate 3 with the skate 1 and 2 maps included whether it be dlc or not it would be cool. i think that's what they'll do to be honest as well josh.
    Remastering maps takes a lottttt of work and maps of those size take a long time as well just due to them being one giant continuation unlike skate 3 which broke it down to three smaller maps which they did to cut costs or that’s what Cuz was telling people, but that dude got fired so who knows hahah. All I know is I hope they focus on what skate was built on not what skate 3 was built on.

yeah, it would be insane if they made a remaster of all the maps. it would be cool if they made it like skate 1 as well. don't think that'll happen though unfortunately.
    sorry

The cameras in that pic are from a photogrammetry rig - used for making photoreal 3d models of people, or anything else. Maybe he posted it because he's a photo nerd looking at hi-tech photo gear. Or maybe he's getting scanned for an S4 promo. Maybe he's directing a shoot. Who knows. It's pretty clear to me though, that those aren't Atiba's cameras, but rather a scanning rig in a studio.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

XBL
    dudren42

I'll bet that if skate 4 actually is released, it will come with micro-transactions for your equipment, like paying a few cents for a deck or some clothes. quote me on this

XBL
    Stokenstein

Quote Originally Posted by dudren View Post
    I'll bet that if skate 4 actually is released, it will come with micro-transactions for your equipment, like paying a few cents for a deck or some clothes. quote me on this
    This was the original struggle and ultimately why EA could not afford to keep making Skate games.

A lot of us have racked our brains trying to think of ways that people would spend money in-game. The problem with buying decks and clothes is that ultimately, EA is licensing those brands and it costs EA money to do that so the profit-margin is minimal. I think that's why that didn't work.

I've yet to hear a legitimately good idea for implementing micro-transactions in the game. I'm someone who bought keys in Rocket League and packs in Fifa Ultimate Team. I'd TOTALLY spend money in Skate games but I just can't figure out a product that's both simple enough to make and be profitable for EA and good enough to actually be sought after by players.

XBL
    Stokenstein

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    The cameras in that pic are from a photogrammetry rig - used for making photoreal 3d models of people, or anything else. Maybe he posted it because he's a photo nerd looking at hi-tech photo gear. Or maybe he's getting scanned for an S4 promo. Maybe he's directing a shoot. Who knows. It's pretty clear to me though, that those aren't Atiba's cameras, but rather a scanning rig in a studio.
    Exactly. That's what I was getting towards. Atiba, if you look at his Instagram, it's pretty clear he shoots a lot of lifestyle stuff and studio stuff of basketball players. He lives in LA and I don't think it's farfetched for him to be directing / working on shoots in Redwood for NBA games or whatever. I certainly don't see it as a definitive sign Skate 4 is imminent. I find it hard to believe if they were bringing in pros and shit we wouldn't be hearing about it, the skate industry is not one that can keep a secret very well.

Quote Originally Posted by iamjoshk View Post
    After in n out told me and the spectrum guys
    I forgot these guys were a thing lol
    Good ol days.
    Kids table.
    Miss it.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone. All that shit last week was a huge coincidence I guess. But at least we have servers again

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone. All that shit last week was a huge coincidence I guess. But at least we have servers again
    Man, I hope everyone doesn't fall off the face of the Earth within the month. I was looking forward to some solid seshes when I get home

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I still play. I've been stacking clips for a new video. I just never know when I'm playing because my work schedule sucks.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    Stokenstein

There’s one little sliver of hope left. Former EA Sports employee tweeted this on the 9th: https://mobile.twitter.com/fakeimmig...30252196474880

Still, I don’t see how someone under NDA would so brazenly go against that agreement, but maybe? I say it’s more likely he is just joining in on the support. He hasn’t replied to any replies though.

Also, we technically could see Skate at one of the other presentations from Xbox or Sony.