Thread: Asshole Dad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i have no problem not being a pussy and showing kids how the real world works and pain is def a part of it. i HATE how overprotective our society has become. the nannystate is just the first letter in a evergrowing book of people not allowing kids to run free and explore the world.

i have no problem with the kid being knocked down from the ramp. only problem here is the kicker/father. This is small potatoes compared to what kids have endured historically, but that doesnt excuse anything. Ideally, the kid should know his father as a non-kicker.. but hell survive. like our previous generations of ancestors.

so. dont misunderstand my point.. i agree this was over the line. but i hate overprotection. and i hate the flock of sheep joining in to collectivly back up the nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    i have no problem not being a pussy and showing kids how the real world works and pain is def a part of it. i HATE how overprotective our society has become. the nannystate is just the first letter in a evergrowing book of people not allowing kids to run free and explore the world.

i have no problem with the kid being knocked down from the ramp. only problem here is the kicker/father. This is small potatoes compared to what kids have endured historically, but that doesnt excuse anything. Ideally, the kid should know his father as a non-kicker.. but hell survive. like our previous generations of ancestors.

so. dont misunderstand my point.. i agree this was over the line. but i hate overprotection. and i hate the flock of sheep joining in to collectivly back up the nannies.
    Fuck that. While I agree with hating over protection and the false sense excuse of "things are worse now" bullshit. It equally sucks using the excuse of "generations before us made bad decisions so I'm cool with it"

We aren't talking about honing our survival skills in the wild here. This is a fun activity that was motivated by the dad's greed only. Don't mistake it my friend.

Edit: after re-reading your comment I know you aren't condoning the fathers actions. And your comment on "everyone jumping in" everyone SHOULD jump in. That's how we learn. Almost every girl I have known has had some form of rape happen to her. It ain't the same dude doing it. Maybe if "everyone jumped in" we would lose that ancestral trait. I firmly believe that this video going viral, this discussion we all are having, is positive and better things and awareness are happening.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Fuck I dont know how many have tried dropping in on a 14foot ramp. But that had to suck mighty fucking balls.

Im sure the kid lost a little respect and trust in his father now/

Antwan do you think before you say shit?

lol at ROC, hahahaa

Bohemian is Logical AF straight to the point, and totally understandable.

I personally have dropped in Once. on a 14footer and literally the greatest feeling but one of the scariest fuckin things Ive done on a skateboard.
    I had a good 10+bails before I managed to commit. Once I dropped in I rode the wall up rolled back down and fucked right off cause I wasnt havent any of that vert.

biggest ramp I skated before that was a 10' and even that had me pumping for my life. Im not the best skater and I prefer street, but I love miniramps. Big Vert I have a HIGH RESPECT for the people who do what they do. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by saunders420; 05-03-2014 at 08:57 PM.