Thread: Sony Vegas 10 Help (Rendering)

Fluckin' Hatchling Gautreauxcinco's Avatar

Default Sony Vegas 10 Help (Rendering)

Hey guys, i just got myself Vegas 10 and just starting to learn some of the basics. One of the things that's puzzling me is rendering, no matter the file type, quality settings, and "pre-rendering" they all come out very choppy even on a 45 second bit. Any advice to get it to smooth out? i'm currently rendering both intro and skate vids together, not sure if that would be an issue or not. Oh, and my computer specs should be able to handle it no problem (Quad core 2.6Ghz, 6GB ram, 512mb video card).

With WMM it can process the videos with ease but i prefer Vegas so far for it's ability to manipulate video and the transitions that come with it. The choppiness is a HUGE pet-peeve lol.

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by Gautreauxcinco; 05-19-2011 at 09:02 AM.

GT: Gautreauxcinco

The fact that it's chugging means that your computer definitely isn't handling it too well. Your processor should be strong enough so without any other information to go on, I'd think it's likely your video card. Are you rendering in HD resolutions or SD?
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Fluckin' Hatchling Gautreauxcinco's Avatar

For now just tried every HD format available, i can give SD a try. I just like the look of the bigger screen without and distortion or pixelation. But like i said i have only had vegas for a few days so im still learning.

GT: Gautreauxcinco

your rig should be able to cope with running Vegas just fine, I would say your settings are probably incorrect.

Your initial setup for the project is just as important as your rendering settings. I don't use Vegas, I use premiere so I can't instruct you directly but your basic settings should be something like this;

Aspect ratio: 1280 x 720

1.0 square pixels

30fps

This is assuming you have HD skate.reel clips downloaded from the EA site... you should be converting the .flv's into another format, I prefer mp4 as thats what I render in.

When you render you should have the same settings as your inital setup only you have to choose a format to render into. I like h.264 mp4's And also your ideal bitrate is around 8mbps.

This seems to work pretty well for me but there maybe someone with better Vegas knowledge that can be more specific, hope this can help you a bit at least

Quote Originally Posted by Gautreauxcinco View Post
    Hey guys, i just got myself Vegas 10 and just starting to learn some of the basics. One of the things that's puzzling me is rendering, no matter the file type, quality settings, and "pre-rendering" they all come out very choppy even on a 45 second bit. Any advice to get it to smooth out? i'm currently rendering both intro and skate vids together, not sure if that would be an issue or not. Oh, and my computer specs should be able to handle it no problem (Quad core 2.6Ghz, 6GB ram, 512mb video card).

With WMM it can process the videos with ease but i prefer Vegas so far for it's ability to manipulate video and the transitions that come with it. The choppiness is a HUGE pet-peeve lol.

Thanks again guys!
    are you building a "dynamic RAM preview?" I know that will pre-render then you'll be able to play they pre-rendered area at normal speed

Banned

Vegas usually doesn't produce a choppy render when your computer isn't handling it well, it usually just takes more time to finish the render.

Are you sure you render at a frame rate of at least 30fps?