Quote Originally Posted by JerrelMD View Post
Hey this is a forum, a place where you share your opinion. IMO I'd rather have everyone be honest so I can improve my videos, but since styles in this game have grown like 2 miles apart it's hard to criticize. So the thing is, I've always been honest with my opinion, yeah even those 5-6 months ago, but I guess you only checked out the hoodlum stuff, eh? Because I was a fkn active flucker. Still, if you think my vid sucks, just say so, because in the end that's what the forum is for.
Thereby I only play this game for editing material... So I take everybody's advice equally. Please don't think I turn emo when 'you', the almighty Robley, don't give me a 'warm welcome'.
Plus do you really think one comment would do him harm?

I barely check out the EA forums Mr. 'Oh hey it's robley', for me it's just skatecc.net.

And some more about my own video:
I've received comment saying that people think I have a nice style, I'd love to say stuff about this guy too, but for me it felt like 'another unrealistic vid like that', even if he hadn't posted here yet.

Honestly, I felt like most ppl here took over TheBullet's style, and I loved his style. Same goes for GymAllstar. Now many people made it generic.

One question:
Do I have to state that this is all just my opinion? Common sense much? A forum?
nobody was lying when they said your video was good, because it was. (except for the opening credits of friends sounding song, but i'm going out on a limb to say you didn't write and record that.) it was a good video. you are good at this. you don't need improvement with your videos. i am saying people were generous with their praise because it will encourage you to do more of them, and post them here. contribute something other than pithy comments about style and slanted emoticons. it's a good way to interact with people. people with this "same generic style" you feel the need to piss and moan about. go read it again.

as far as referring to me as "the almighty robley" and stating i "only watched the hoodlum stuff, eh?" you just sound bitter. i definitely don't think of myself as almighty in any sense, and any respect i garner from anyone is due to the fact that i make quality productions and have social graces that allow me to interact with other people in a decent manner. it's also a known fact that i think hoodlum puts out it's fair share of shitty videos itself. the sheer number of people that are a part of it (far too many) make it impossible to do otherwise. i may actually watch the least amount of hoodlum videos of anyone associated with it. you maybe have me confused with someone who's been around a long time. i haven't. i didn't do any of this before skate 2. i didn't take a hoodlum blood oath and i didn't engage in the great EA wars of 2008. that might be an easy way for you to write anything i say off, but that's all it is.

i'm not expecting you to get all "emo" (is that seriously still a word people use?) and tremble before me. we have differing views on this, quite clearly, and as this is a forum, this is where we debate it. i'd much rather have this conversation with you than watch everybody pat each other on the back and jerk themselves off.

the subject of the video in this particular thread is on no teams, isn't trying to, and isn't a part of any community in any sense. he probably has limited knowledge bullet even posted it here. that was the point of the whole thing. "hey this is a guy nobody knew existed." i myself wasn't too hot on it, but i'm not going to try to convince the guy to do anything differently. as far as deeming it "unrealistic", that word has been abused more than jonbenet ramsey (HEYO!). do people still not realize that literally anything is possible on a skateboard? watch any of the videos (real videos. real being the root word of realistic.) that have come out in 2009. they're real. they exist in the real world. do those tricks in game, and everyone says you might as well be playing tony hawk. while you're at it, check out a 13 year old learning noseslides. people make videos with skate 2 that correspond to both. one of them might be more difficult to pull off with your thumbs, but so is advanced calculus. i'll be goddamned if i ever want to sit down and watch someone do advanced calculus. how is a kickflip down 6 stairs more realistic than a kickflip down 16? look at cory kennedy, the new "hot dude". is that unrealistic? it can't be. he's a real person. he has a social security number. what about chris cole? why would anyone want to buy a skateboarding video game and go do what they can do in their driveway? i didn't buy grand theft auto so i could stop at red lights.