Thread: Emerica Stay Gold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    Those are High School Lunch Tables and they're pretty hard to skate, and VERY hard to flip trick over from flat ground. I'm pretty sure that you're from an area that doesn't have those types of tables though, so it's understandable if you don't get that. Also.. the ease with which he skates them might also lead to the appearance that it's not an accomplishment but it's actually quite impressive.

Herman's part was neck and neck with Leo's part as the best part of the video in my opinion and the High School Lunch Table section was amazing.

Everyone has their own taste though, I just wanted to clarify that those tables are much harder to skate than you may think.
    i totally hear you dude, and thats why i said he got pop and tricks and i know tricks over these are really hard... i m amazed by his skills. i just felt like his part would be way better if he did those tricks on varied / street obstacles. its a full length not a "session at school", when i watch a fl im looking for tricks AND spots especially when its such a hyped video.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    i totally hear you dude, and thats why i said he got pop and tricks and i know tricks over these are really hard... i m amazed by his skills. i just felt like his part would be way better if he did those tricks on varied / street obstacles. its a full length not a "session at school", when i watch a fl im looking for tricks AND spots especially when its such a hyped video.
    Word. I understand what you mean.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

hmmmm . . . . a picnic table part from Herm. could be kind of a tribute to the roots of street skating. A lot of 90's videos, especially 101/World Industries/Blind type videos had tons and tons of picnic table skating. Gino, Keenan, Daewon etc.

I'm actually intrigued by this. I mean, California picnic tables, that's the definition of an icon for street.

If I was an evil villain I'd be stroking my shitty little strip of chin hair right now and raising my left eyebrow.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."