As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.