Thread: Fluckit Create a Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That place is like a mish mash of ramdom bits. It would be sick if we could build something like that.

You ever been there strab? It's stoke skate plaza.
    [08:21 PM] thesignguy: i like to trap people with movables, its like my make believe audience, i leave them off screen when i film so people dont find me odd

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

from SonicKaos' Pax Experience...

"- I don't know how many objects you can have in a created park, because I wasn't able to see that. However, I do know you'll be able to save/download up to 100 created parks at a time. You can also edit downloaded parks and edit them, but if they are uploaded again, it will always credit the original creator as well as the new uploader (so if you steal, it'll be known). "
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    from SonicKaos' Pax Experience...

"- I don't know how many objects you can have in a created park, because I wasn't able to see that. However, I do know you'll be able to save/download up to 100 created parks at a time. You can also edit downloaded parks and edit them, but if they are uploaded again, it will always credit the original creator as well as the new uploader (so if you steal, it'll be known). "
    Sweet, that makes things a whole lot easier.

We'll still have to plan what we're building but it'll make it easier.
    [08:21 PM] thesignguy: i like to trap people with movables, its like my make believe audience, i leave them off screen when i film so people dont find me odd

fuck yeeahaahahahahahaha

WOOOO super stoked on edited other peoples parks

Design by commitee won't really work (never does) for many reasons...
    firstly because if you pass you're section around, where are you going to put it in relation to the other pieces in the park, this will affect the overall flow..
    there will be a limit to the amount of objects we can put in, so half way through we might run out of memory, what then? does the next person start editing other peoples stuff taking things out or rearranging stuff...

There are also design issues to contend with e.g...if there was a 15 stair rail setup with big steps, this might be only possible with 15 individual flat scaled pieces if it's to mirror a real spot, or we might have to make do with three 5 stair pieces from the terrain dropper, this again depends on the amount of memory we have left...

There is also the need for elevated sections, where do these go??
    what happens if 2 or 3 people have the same kind of section setup?
    What happens if you're ill or your xbox breaks?? I have 2 360's so for me that's not a problem...

The only way this will work is that everyone makes their piece as a single setup park, then these are all collected and then translated into the said park..
    It would be quite easy for me to set up a park and drop the sections into it in 3DMAX which we can then have a look at and comment/discuss before we do it ingame...

taken from wikipedia..
    Design by committee is a term referring to a style of design and its resultant output when a group of entities comes together to produce something (often the design of technological systems or standards), particularly in the presence of poor and incompetent leadership. The defining characteristics of "design by committee" are needless complexity, internal inconsistency, logical flaws, banality, and the lack of a unifying vision.

The term is especially common in technical parlance, and it legitimizes the need and general acceptance of a unique systems architect. Often, when software is designed by a committee, the original motivation, specifications and technical criteria take a backseat and poor choices may be made merely to appease the egos of several individual committee members. Such products and standards end up doing too many things or having parts that fit together poorly (because the entities who produced those parts were unaware of each other's requirements for a good fit).

yeah yeah SMART GUY!....

i mean...
    make a obstacles....
    take a pic of your tv so we can see the amount of file size is being used....
    save...
    swap....

nothings ever really gonna be perfect and lets face it...
    the file max will be hit and will stay full as we adjust everything to fit for our pieces...

eventually well get a full file size with a decent representation of what each of us wanted...

and like all planning it will take time....
    so be it...

i know we can pull of something amazing...

all i can think about it the video we put out after....
    labeling spots...
    destruction....
    fly over cams....

can not wait to edit parks...

xLuke

Quote Originally Posted by ell595 View Post

That place is like a mish mash of ramdom bits. It would be sick if we could build something like that.

You ever been there strab? It's stoke skate plaza.
    yessss ell! not been in years but it's amazing!

damn strab, looking good. you even added the trees!
    TT reppin'

So is it settled that Strab is the lead creator then?