Thread: Nyjah Huston Battle Commander (Actual Video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nyjah's been one of my fav skaters ever since he first came onto the scene at 8, so i have to put in my two cents. Imo his dads guidance was the best thing that could have happend to him, and straying away from that was a mistake. His dad had nyjah skating constantly and knew who and who not to keep him around, and look at nyjahs skating today. Nyjah at 16 is one of the best skaters in the industry hands down style or no style and at the rate hes going now you can only imagine what he's going to be putting down in the future when his style fully matures. All that aside it seems Nyjah's been getting much more recognition ever since he cut his hair. To me nyjahs hair was one of the main things about him that made him stand out, I honestly couldent pick nyjah out of a crowd if i were to see him now. I understand what Marco was saying about him going mainstream, Hes just another wanna be swag skater; like another chazz ortiz (snapback hat, hype shirt, and earrings) and thats a pity to me. I know hes young and wants to do whats "cool" and all but it dosent fit him to me. I personally fucking loathe this swag movement; the music, the word, and every artist affiliated with it. Ive never been more disappointed in the kid, and he's in his prime right now but thats just how i feel. Hopefully Rise and Shine will change my outlook on him. ps Nyjahs dad isint half as bad as the skate industry makes him out to be.
    Last edited by RastaRipss; 10-24-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Peace and Blessings

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RastaRipss View Post
    Nyjah's been one of my fav skaters ever since he first came onto the scene at 8, so i have to put in my two cents. Imo his dads guidance was the best thing that could have happend to him, and straying away from that was a mistake. His dad had nyjah skating constantly and knew who and who not to keep him around, and look at nyjahs skating today. Nyjah at 16 is one of the best skaters in the industry hands down style or no style and at the rate hes going now you can only imagine what he's going to be putting down in the future when his style fully matures. All that aside it seems Nyjah's been getting much more recognition ever since he cut his hair. To me nyjahs hair was one of the main things about him that made him stand out, I honestly couldent pick nyjah out of a crowd if i were to see him now. I understand what Marco was saying about him going mainstream, Hes just another wanna be swag skater; like another chazz ortiz (snapback hat, hype shirt, and earrings) and thats a pity to me. I know hes young and wants to do whats "cool" and all but it dosent fit him to me. I personally fucking loathe this swag movement; the music, the word, and every artist affiliated with it. Ive never been more disappointed in the kid, and he's in his prime right now but thats just how i feel. Hopefully Rise and Shine will change my outlook on him. ps Nyjahs dad isint half as bad as the skate industry makes him out to be.
    that post oozed SWAG
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Im calling it now, Next big fad in mainstream "Hip-Hop"; HomoThugs cant wait to see all you swaggers dressed like your local trannys.

DRAG!!!
    Last edited by RastaRipss; 10-24-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    Peace and Blessings

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Im calling it now, Next big fad in mainstream "Hip-Hop"; HomoThugs cant wait to see all you swaggers dressed like your local trannys.

DRAG!!!
    You're a fluckin' Swagget!
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Haha nah mang I be a kook. But you must be a swagger since your so offended by it.
    Peace and Blessings

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Haha nah mang I be a kook. But you must be a swagger since your so offended by it.
    I wear overalls with birks so I don't think I could ever use the word SWAG without laughing my ass off.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

He did really good. Is he black? I can never tell.

Blazing a Trail

dreads are so fucking cool
    lol
    capitalizing on your own children is the way to go !!! woooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!
    i mean, come on ... chad ortiz looks like a fucking moron since day 1... nyjah looks like a shy kid

This is my last post on this thread cause I'm no fan of confrontation it leads no where, but think about it. If your child is to young to make his own financial decisions and generates the revenue that nyjah did and does its not capitalizing off him, if you watch any of nyjahs interviews about his dad he clearly states his dad never once did anything with the cash without his consent. There's thousands of examples of kid money makers and their parents making decisions for them. More specifically young ryan shecler and his mom aka manager. If you throw one fish back in the water you might aswell throw them all in. Nyjah is a shy kid that's his personality. And lastly locks aren't ment to be a cool fad its a lifestyle and a reminder of who you truly are. And I don't think their to cool in society today hence the term "dread"locks haha
    Last edited by RastaRipss; 10-25-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Peace and Blessings

Well you must not know him as well as you thought he no longer has dreads
    I'll bet he got tired of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsMoreTP View Post
    Well you must not know him as well as you thought he no longer has dreads
    I'll bet he got tired of them.
    He dosent???? omg!... read my earlier post.
    Peace and Blessings

Look I know youre bitter or whatever but I think a hat with a brands logo the skater is apart of defines a skater on the same level as dreads in the end I dont give a shit what you look like if anything judging based on looks is mainstream dude still rips and has plenty going for him to inspire and advertise

Not familiar with sarcasm i see. but i totally agree with you. Nyjah with locks or without them will still be in my top 5 of fav pro skaters.
    Peace and Blessings

Blazing a Trail

This is my last post on this thread cause I'm no fan of confrontation it leads no where, but think about it. If your child is to young to make his own financial decisions and generates the revenue that nyjah did and does its not capitalizing off him, if you watch any of nyjahs interviews about his dad he clearly states his dad never once did anything with the cash without his consent. There's thousands of examples of kid money makers and their parents making decisions for them. More specifically young ryan shecler and his mom aka manager. If you throw one fish back in the water you might aswell throw them all in. Nyjah is a shy kid that's his personality. And lastly locks aren't ment to be a cool fad its a lifestyle and a reminder of who you truly are. And I don't think their to cool in society today hence the term "dread"locks haha
    i was a bit sarcastic about the dreads cuz it seems the hair part is a problem now. i know nyjah meant dreadlocks kid for everyone. But his skateboarding's still the same. he may even be able to be what he truly is.
    here Dreadlocks are lifestyle (or even religion) forced on a kid.. i don't know if it fits the kid... it's just how we all know him. Maybe he needs to try something different and see what's going on, he wears dreadlocks since he's born...some say you have to kill the dad in the process. i don't think he was ever able to do that. I think his dad was helpful and all but the way he managed his son's life wasn't the best imo. the kid seemed kinda trapped.
    Let the kid wear a hat, make videos, be a teen and see what will happen. i don't see massive changes yet apart from him being an even more consistent skateboarder meaning more videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    lol
    capitalizing on your own children is the way to go !!! woooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!
    i mean, come on ... chad ortiz looks like a fucking moron since day 1... nyjah looks like a shy kid
    chad looks like an asshole. he always looks mad.