Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    i_am_a_snail

im starting to learn now this year so maybe by the end of the summer i won't be such a lazy fatass.

ollie
    bs shuv

that's pretty much it.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    ollie
    bs shuv
    It happens man.. Weather has been terrible for me here so I can't even skate though I want to.
    That's sick though man getting started is the best thing once you're comfortable with the basics you can branch in any direction you want to
    180's, footplants, reverts, pivots manual spins.. boneless.. no comply.. or even new fliptricks it all goes together because it's all about being comfortable
    with your setup.. it's so much fun to see your progression through it all and how you learn new things from one basic idea.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    It happens man.. Weather has been terrible for me here so I can't even skate though I want to.
    That's sick though man getting started is the best thing once you're comfortable with the basics you can branch in any direction you want to
    180's, footplants, reverts, pivots manual spins.. boneless.. no comply.. or even new fliptricks it all goes together because it's all about being comfortable
    with your setup.. it's so much fun to see your progression through it all and how you learn new things from one basic idea.
    thanks for the words of encouragement man. still not really confident enough to head out to parks, still resigned to the driveway for now. im still trying to work on doing both moving, i can't do either one with consistency yet but im getting there at least. felt so boss when i landed the bs shuv though, probably one of the most euphoric feelings of my life short of orgasm

XBL
    TheDietTea

Ha nice.. yeah man.. I get the feeling everytime I land a new trick. Very satisfied.
    What are your trial and errors with the tricks? I'm sure I could give advice.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

landing sideways mostly, the bs shuv was kind of a fluke when i tried an ollie but i got the shuv, and now ive been trying those even more but whenever i try to ollie that's my main inconsistency. i think my problem is that im not actually popping straight and for some reason my leg snaps behind me so i end up going in a shuv

XBL
    TheDietTea

Sounds like you're not parallel with the board man..
    your whole body should be straight and by that I don't mean turning out
    your shoulders should align with the board unless you're going to do a shuv or an ollie 180.

notice his shoulders are straight, centered with the board..
    it's your natural tendency to turn out so it will come in practice but just keep it in mind.

Oh and dude I would actually recommend hitting up the park if you're into progression
    seeing others do it might actually help you learn faster.. they might even give you pointers.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-25-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Sounds like you're not parallel with the board man..
    your whole body should be straight and by that I don't mean turning out
    your shoulders should align with the board unless you're going to do a shuv or an ollie 180.

notice his shoulders are straight, centered with the board..
    it's your natural tendency to turn out so it will come in practice but just keep it in mind.

Oh and dude I would actually recommend hitting up the park if you're into progression
    seeing others do it might actually help you learn faster.. they might even give you pointers.
    alright, thanks a lot man, i'll see if i can try to straighten it out. and i'll see if i can take some time sometime soon to head out to the park, got a really nice indoor one not too far from here, it's like a 5-10 minute drive.

in all it's glory. i need to try to remake this place.